News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 03:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Services Offered Again...  (Read 4158 times)

JoyinVirginia

Re: Services Offered Again...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
I would recommend laughing and treating it like a joke. Use some of the very good recommendations above.

shhh its me

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
"I don't think my wife would agree to that."

Sounds to me like someone might be trying to hook you up or infer a mutual interest between new boss and you. Play the wife card.

I agree that your second point is possible (either as a joke or as someone who loves drama0, but if that's the case, the first line could be construed as "I'd love to have an affair with boss, but my wife won't let me."

Personally, I'd just say, "But coworker, what's closer? My place on X Street, or your place on Y Drive? It sounds like she should stay with you!"

Not to be paranoid but if there was something malicious in co workers suggestion(I think she was just trying to make you feel awkward with is a bit of malicious humor but not muuuhhhaahha maliciuos)  "my wife wouldn't like that."  could also turn into " Dave is nice but is wife is jealous psycho. Who is extremely worried about boss." 

dave_nun

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
I havent heard anymore thank goodness. The boss is just driving now so i think thats the end of it.