Author Topic: RSVP help  (Read 1362 times)

Pumpkin Spice

RSVP help
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »
I don't know how the RSVP laws work regarding contacting someone who hasn't RSVP'd by the RSVP date so I'm going to ask about individual situations here.  Thanks in advance for your guidance.

My oldest child is turning 11 this week and her party is Saturday.  I actually let people know a month in advance because there was a situation (unimportant regarding someone else's party) that warranted it.  It was a good thing I did and it all worked out.  I contacted them through email and told them I'd also send a proper invitation in the mail.  DD and I made the invitations into an arts and crafts project and did them up pretty.  They arrived 2 weeks before party time (a week ago). The RSVP said by March 1st (yesterday) which is 7 days before the party.  I received two immediate RSVPs (yes).  Also, two yeses in person. The other two families are DH's invites so he's going to call them in a couple days I guess. Here is the breakdown of the others.

Family 1: Through email a couple weeks ago the mom said they'd be there unless something unforeseen happens. Do I just take that as a yes? I've kinda assumed so.

Family 2: This is the one of particular interest to me.  This little girl is DD's BFF and she has two siblings I've invited as well.  DD and BFF(12 y/o) email each other and DD asked BFF to tell her mom about the party a few weeks ago which BFF said she did.  On top of that I sent the formal invite in the mail.  DD hasn't heard from BFF in a week and I haven't gotten a call or email from her mom.  Since it's past the RSVP date, is today a reasonable time to email her mom asking if they're coming?  I don't want to be a pest but we have to start getting food and I have to get party bags together. 

Thanks  :)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: RSVP help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »
I think family 1 is a yes.

Family 2 I would email the mom asking "just wanted to confirm BFF and 2 siblings will all be joining us on Saturday".

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
  Family 1 I would take as a yes because that what all of us mean when we say "yes ,unless something unforeseen happens"  They just vocalized the normally unspoken.

Family 2  feel free to call to now.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:24:56 AM »
I think family 1 is a yes.

Family 2 I would email the mom asking "just wanted to confirm BFF and 2 siblings will all be joining us on Saturday".
yes. or call family 2.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Pumpkin Spice

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »
Well, I emailed her and I guess I wish I'd called instead because she hasn't responded.  Now, I don't know how long to wait before calling, maybe Wednesday?

Zizi-K

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »
You can either call or email again and say, "Sorry to put the pressure on, but I have to have a final count by tomorrow (or Wed, or whenever you decide). If we don't hear back from you by then, we'll have to count you as a no. Please feel free to email or call at xxx-xxx-xxxx."

Give them a deadline, and count them as a decline if you don't hear back. If they DO show up, you can either turn them away at the door, or let them attend but explain that you don't have a bag for them because they didn't let you know they were coming.

Pumpkin Spice

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
Thanks for all the help.  She finally responded this evening and will be there.  RSVP is such a headache.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:43 PM »
Well, I emailed her and I guess I wish I'd called instead because she hasn't responded.  Now, I don't know how long to wait before calling, maybe Wednesday?

Wait one day from the email. Then call.