Author Topic: Stolen Christmas Package  (Read 1901 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Stolen Christmas Package
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
In view of this being Christmas I have to think of Bea Arthur's Maude:  "God will get you for that!"

It is a truly soulless person who steals someone else's Christmas packages.

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating!

MissRose

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 08:23:54 AM »
That is very low of the person or persons who stole her gifts. 

In Michigan, we've been dealing with bad weather and wide spread power outages.  One of my friends found out that there were a rash of break in's not far from her, and mainly Christmas presents were stolen as some people were forced to go to shelters to keep warm.  Some of the break in's happened while people went to church on Christmas Eve.  That is why my presents were left inside my parents home instead of my car parked in the driveway after our family gift exchange/dinner while my dad drove me and my mom to church, and my parents had put most of their gifts away, and the other guests had long since left to other celebrations with their items.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »
I was remembering a former colleague from early in my career.  She had been out of work for a while when she was hired around Halloween at my first ad agency as secretary to the corner office.  Her husband had been ill for a while but was recovering.

On or about December 20th, her house had been broken into.  The thieves took all the Christmas gifts, decorations, and all the food in her refrigerator in addition to all the electronics and valuables.  I don't know if they were ever caught, but I hope payback was a female dog.