Author Topic: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30* *Post-Party Update #71*  (Read 25308 times)

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
I have to say, Glitter, the more posts I read from you, the more I like you.  You don't let people walk all over you - and you're incredibly polite about the whole thing.  And it sounds like you throw a great party!  :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Nicely done and it sounds like a great party!

Love how you handled the "John" incident!!  ;-)  I suspect it wasn't the first time and won't be the last that he gets kicked out of a party!

guihong

• Super Hero!
That spine's so shiny, you can see it from here :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Wow - great update, and I love how you took no carp from anyone! Especially John, who-you-didn't-know and was quite rude to you in your OWn home.  I love it. 

TheaterDiva1

Wow... Really?  Who asks a party host (who's probably busy running around setting up her party) to drop everything and come pick her up?!?

YummyMummy66

You are my hero.   I hope I have a spine like yours.   

I really do not get some people.  Has no one ever told them no before??   lol....

Cherry91

Oh goodness, I only realised when you mentioned it that you were the hostess who suffered The Brunch Guest! Poor you, your friends really can pick them, can't they?

Also, if any of my friends called me a female dog for not being willing to accommodate an uninvited guest, I would consider that friendship to be hereby terminated unless she had done something in the past like donate a kidney.

aussie_chick

Oh goodness, I only realised when you mentioned it that you were the hostess who suffered The Brunch Guest! Poor you, your friends really can pick them, can't they?

Also, if any of my friends called me a female dog for not being willing to accommodate an uninvited guest, I would consider that friendship to be hereby terminated unless she had done something in the past like donate a kidney.

I didn't realise you were the hostess with the brunch guest either! You handled all of this beautifully. As a previous poster said, Amanda seemed like the least of your worries that night. I have a soft spot for her now I know she can laugh at herself and she made a point of saying what a great time she was having on her kid free night.

Your parties sound great!

KarenK

The trifecta of rude guests:

1. Unwanted kids
2. Asking to bring more people
3. Bringing an uninvited guest

OP handled them all politely and firmly. Well done!

CuriousParty

Glitter, your parties sound like so much fun! But I'd never come without an invite!

The only one I'd give a (maybe) pass to is the "can I bring four friends" one, because I know you've said before that your parties are known as generally being the more the merrier, and it may have been an "I had to ask...because they're standing right here bugging me and dimwit over there just said you never mind extra people so I need you to say no, loudly if at all possible, so I can shake these fools. Thanks!"

Glad you had fun!

Luci

• Super Hero!
The trifecta of rude guests:

1. Unwanted kids
2. Asking to bring more people
3. Bringing an uninvited guest

OP handled them all politely and firmly. Well done!

Oops! You forgot the "I need a ride!" invited guest!

Anyway, the update is glorious. Actually, if John had been polite, would you have let him stay? NO! NOT Glitter! You had plenty of room for him after the other last minute decline, but you stood your ground.

If our parties were more...partyish?... I would so be taking lessons from you! Kareoke? Really? Good for you!

Congratulations! And, to me, it seems espectially important that the little girl understood! Cookies? How sweet, both dietarily and in personality.

chibichan

GlitterIsMyDrug is hereby awarded the Shiny Titanium Spine trophy for the year .

You are an inspiration to all of us People Pleasers who aspire to be able to set and keep boundaries in regards to our Clueless - Ranging - To - Obnoxious friends and family .

Well done I say !
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
Wow, that spine's so shiny, I need shades! :D  Great job, I'm so proud of you!

mime

You're fabulous!

Thank you for updating us on Amanda's attitude at the party. When we all sitting here knowing only two paragraphs about Amanda, and those two paragraphs involve a problem with her, we can so quickly cast her in a no-longer-worthy-of-friendship light. Your dealing with her was a gentle correction that didn't harm the friendship, and her being receptive to it and a respectful friend who got over it and ultimately expressed appreciation for the child-free night helps us see her in a more balanced light. (sooooo she's not 100% boor...)

Many points to you for knowing when to use etiquette as a tool rather than a weapon!

laughtermed

Op handled multiple chaalenges admirably. The friend who asked her if she could bring 4 uninvited guests brougt back an unexpected chuckle from my past. When I got married, a coworker asked if she could bring TEN friends from her church. I just said I was sorry but I couldn't let everyone invited bring 10 guests-there would be no room for them. She got the idea.