Author Topic: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30* *Post-Party Update #71*  (Read 25742 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30*
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
Awesome job. She really, really wanted everyone fawning over her little darlings didn't she?

squeakers

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Awesome job. She really, really wanted everyone fawning over her little darlings didn't she?

I doubt that was why she wanted them there.  As the OP posted it appears she's a "Don't tell me what to do or I'll do the opposite" kind of person.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »
Beautifully handled!! 
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Zizi-K

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
Yes! Very nice work indeed.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »
Glitter, in your first update post after speaking with Amanda, you mention she said she will "defiantly" be attending - Freudian slip or not, thank you for the chuckle, and well done on the Amanda convo!

I noticed that too.  Nice that in addition to a happy ending, we all got a little chuckle out of it too.  A bonus for us!   ;D

Well done, Glitter.  Mission accomplished and with impressive tact and diplomacy!

BarensMom

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Bravo, Glitter!

Now, all you have to do is to stock up on bacon, cheese, and tofu substitutions.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »

I doubt that was why she wanted them there.  As the OP posted it appears she's a "Don't tell me what to do or I'll do the opposite" kind of person.

I have a brother who was like that for YEARS....

When we were growing up, nobody could tell him what to do....but I don't remember him trying to take children to an "adults only" party.

I do remember a Valentine's Day party when the single guy organizing it thought that the "entertainment" would be movies playing in the background. 

Then he found out that his idea of "romantic movies" and that the women who were coming (dates, fiancées, or wives) did NOT appreciate the movies he'd selected.....with such care to go with the beer and six foot submarine sandwich.  The sandwich was good - but beer & cold cuts are not generally high on the list of "romantic" dinners, either.

A rather catty comment about "well, she's obviously not a natural blonde" was about the ONLY comment that could be repeated on an etiquette site.  We were really, really scathing in our comments about the movies' actors, scripts (hah, hah), cinematic values, and lack of artistic merit or romantic content....I swear that Conan the Barbarian would have been more romantic (this was before the first Terminator movie - or I might have mentioned it, instead). 

It was after the Christopher Reeve Superman movie - so that one might have been a better choice, even - the flight scene was pretty romantic....

Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »
I'll bet the kids and Aunt J will have the best New Year's Eve ever!

I remember when my parents turned on the radio to a New York station (no TV then) to convince my brother and his cousins that the New Year was in, so "you can go to sleep now!" OK, the stories... I am a few years younger than my brother.

I am happy for all of you, hope Amanda adjusts and figures out the invitations are rules and other etiquette stuff, and a

Happy New 2014 to us all!

Peppergirl

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »

She's kind of like family to me now, so I'm used to her. Generally she's a nice person, but when you tell her no she turns into bratty child. If you tell her she can't do something she doesn't want to do in the first place. Normally she'd find a sitter even for a kids are welcomed NYE party, so that she could really party down, but I told her no kids and all of a sudden we must include the children.

I know the type well.  I am in awe of how you handled it.  Great job! :)

bloo

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »
I just wanted to add that you handled that brilliantly!   ;D

Library Dragon

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »
Brava. Well done.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Amara

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2013, 10:28:04 PM »
Congratulations, Glitter. Nicely done. Now you can go forth with plans and no worries at all.

gmatoy

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
I not only love how you handled it, I am in awe of your Fake Aunt! She totally has your back!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »
Excellent!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

poundcake

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2013, 06:44:34 AM »

That's exactly what I was thinking as I was picking my jaw up repeatedly while reading this. There is no other answer to the repeated "Why?!" about this whole issue!

Good on you, Glitter.