Author Topic: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30* *Post-Party Update #71*  (Read 25800 times)

YummyMummy66

Re: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30*
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
I have to wonder why she wants to bring her cake over earlier in the day???

Red flag here.

Why can't she just bring it over when they come that night?   

Hmmm..wondering if she shows up with the kids and thinks they all can just decide to stay since they are already there.

Better call and tell her to bring the cake when they arrive that night, as you will be too busy to entertain at all during the day to prepare for the night ahead.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
She's dropping the cake off early as she's had a few mishaps with cakes and her wearing heels. Namely dropping the cake and then falling on it. Only happened a few times but now she tries to be careful and not carry cake while wearing heels.

Most likely her mom will be the one dropping it off as she's coming over in the afternoon to set some things up. So I'm not too worried about her coming in the afternoon an staying until the party.

SoCalVal

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
She's dropping the cake off early as she's had a few mishaps with cakes and her wearing heels. Namely dropping the cake and then falling on it. Only happened a few times but now she tries to be careful and not carry cake while wearing heels.

Most likely her mom will be the one dropping it off as she's coming over in the afternoon to set some things up. So I'm not too worried about her coming in the afternoon an staying until the party.

Sorry, but that just cracked me up.

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »
Glitter, I saw a meme today on FB - I forget what animals were in it but it said "What do lesbians eat?".  I snorted cola through my nose and couldn't explain to my partner the whole "preparing for lesbians" thread.  Thank you and send new keyboard soon.

You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

Julsie

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2013, 05:25:11 PM »
GlitterIsMyDrug?  YouAreMyHero.

squeakers

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Glitter, I saw a meme today on FB - I forget what animals were in it but it said "What do lesbians eat?".  I snorted cola through my nose and couldn't explain to my partner the whole "preparing for lesbians" thread.  Thank you and send new keyboard soon.

It's kitties with surprised faces saying "Lesbians eat what??"  ;D

OP, I'm glad your friend appears to be falling into line.  And that you have yours and her mom to help keep her reined in. I hope your party goes well with the only things going wrong being ones you can laugh about.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Marisol

• with a parasol.
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »

Sorry, but that just cracked me up.

Me too.  A history of it at that!  Lol! 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
I remember taking a cake to VorGuy's retirement party (from active duty) and thinking that I needed to be careful after the event, as there were steps and an uneven step from the basement entry area to the floor of the basement (entry stair well).

I promptly sprained my ankle & dropped the cake on the way out...at least I didn't land on it.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

mmswm

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »
Glitter, I dream to have even half the tact and diplomacy that you showed!  I can't wait to hear how the party goes!

And as for the whole "cake and heels" thing, I have a bad habit of wearing 4-5 inch stilettos to dressy events.  I carry NOTHING while I'm wearing them.  I've had far to many, um, mishaps.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

andi

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
I call those heels my "stand here and be pretty" shoes.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
So, a full how the party went up date is in order, yes? Alright, it'll probably be a bit long, get some coco or apple cider and settle in. Everyone settled? Okay, here we go! (I'm in an odd mood today)

First things first, Amanda arrived around 3 to drop off her cake (and I spent the next five hours resisting eating it), she did have her daughter with her but only because daughter had a present for me and Partner that was, in her words, "Time sensitive", she'd also baked cookies she wanted to share with the party. Aw, sweet little girl. They stayed about 45 minutes, mostly daughter telling me about school, and then they were on their way.

So as I'm getting things ready for the party I get a text from a friend double checking the time, and if there's anything I'd like her to bring and then...can she bring four people with her?  :o No. Usually our parties are the more the merrier, but this party was a little different and I didn't feel up to hosting more people then what I'd invited. Which is what I told her point blank. She said that was fine, she just had to ask. No, you did not just "have to ask", you thought I'd say yes because people think I'm a people pleaser since I'm generally nice and easy going and that I'd back down and say yes. Didn't happen. And no, she didn't bring the uninvited guests anyways, she's way smarter then that. I used to be a bouncer, I can kick people out like nobody's business (expect children, they're so cute!).

Then I text one of "Sure I'll make I think, maybe, but I'll totally be there if I can" people. Yes or No. Saying "No I can't make it" won't hurt my feelings. I get "Yes, but could you come and get me?", could I come and...what? How will you get home? No never mind, no I'm not coming to get you, no I'm not sending Partner or one of my other guests to come get you. Our city ran all public transportation until 2am for free, which I told her about and that it was up to her if she wanted to come. She said she'd "let me know", she never came, never called, never texted. I got a text from her this morning apologizing for not coming.

So the party starts at 8 and people start showing up, we've got drinks, we've got food, we've got karokee and games. Tons of fun was being had by all. Then another friend comes by, with this guy she's kind of being seeing. I don't know him, I've never met him before, and when I opened the door he greeted me with "Where's the beer?", at your house I assume. I just said "And who are you?" at which point my friend speaks up "This is John, remember I told you were kind of seeing each other. He wasn't ok with me going to a party without him on New Year's Eve so I brought him a long" at this point John is already inside the house and asking if we have better food. Remembering the last time I kept breathing and letting someone stay too long (The Brunch Guest), I pulled my friend off to the side and said "There must have been a miscommunication, John wasn't invited and I don't know him. I'm not comfortable with him in my house tonight so you two will need to be on your way", she stammers something about not wanting to be alone on New Year's to which I respond "You don't have to be alone, you two can be together, just not here" she called me an uptight female dog and stormed out with John in tow. She started texting her apologizes yesterday but I've ignored them for the most part. This isn't a friendship I want to salvage, this isn't the first time she's done something she knows is wrong and then begged for forgiveness. So I'm done.

The rest of the party was fantastic! At one point Amanda told me she was having blast and was glad to have a kid-free night. Of course there still managed to be too much food so we've been eating the leftovers yesterday and today. And I'm very glad we decided to hiring this lovely cleaning lady, she's coming tomorrow to give the house a good deep cleaning.

GlitterIsMyDrug

Oh and Amanda did face plant once in the back yard, her heel got stuck. The one thing I do love about this girl, she laughed harder then anyone else at her face plant. She got up and did the Molly Shannon "Superstar!" move and then laughed all night about it.

bloo

Thanks so much for the update and you totally rock! I even like Amanda since she can laugh at herself! Glad you all had a great time. :)

Snooks

You're my hero. Well done.

rose red

• Super Hero!
Yikes.  Sounds like Amanda was the least of your worries.