A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Travel

Seattle vs New York

(1/5) > >>

Snooks:
We're going to Seattle next year and we were thinking of adding a stop in New York to break the journey home to the UK.  It looks like we can do an overnight flight from Seattle to New York so the question is which city to spend more time in Seattle or New York.  We've got a week so it's either three days in Seattle and four in New York or vice versa.  Does anyone have any tips/opinions?

Hmmmmm:
I haven't been to Seattle in ages but there is much to do just as it is in NYC.

I think it depends on interests and time of year.

Is it a twosome or family? Do you have interest in outdoor activities?

Snooks:
Just me and DH.  it'll be mid-July and we're probably more city based sight seeing things but any suggestions welcome.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Snooks on December 29, 2013, 05:46:52 PM ---Just me and DH.  it'll be mid-July and we're probably more city based sight seeing things but any suggestions welcome.

--- End quote ---

Then I might spend more time in NYC.

But fun Seattle things other than the standard
Kayaking on Lake Union
Take a ferry to Bainbridge Island
Drive up to Snoqualmine Falls
Take a float plane to the San Juan Islands

Thipu1:
I live in NYC so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Seattle is a beautiful place with wonderful food and plenty to do but, if you want concentrated 'city' NYC is your best bet.  There are plenty of  iconic places here and many of them are within an easy walk of each other.  In a little under two hours you can see Herald Square, the Empire State Building,    Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, the New York Public Library, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center.  Along the way there are great ethnic places to eat. 

Why yes, I am prejudiced.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version