News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 05:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2014 Resolutions!  (Read 2231 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: 2014 Resolutions!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »
That's not silly at all. I have become so used to fiddling about on my netbook in the evenings that I only half-watch shows myself. I should add that as a resolution; limit my netbook time. I don't pay as much attention to shows and I find I don't read books much anymore, either. I need to find more balance with all that. (That being said, I don't allow anything to distract me from Breaking Bad! I just binge watched the last 8 episodes yesterday. Now I need to find another show to obsess about! :)  )

I also really love an idea in another thread, about keeping a jar and writing down all the good things that happen throughout the year.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

betty

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
Instead of resolutions, I am going to start new habits this year. Each month I'll review and decide if I want to add a new habit. To start, every day I will:

Plank (an exercise that is good for the core muscles)
Walk, Run, Bike (at least one of these)
Floss
Read a Book (instead of just reading random stuff on my phone or computer)

I purposely have not set minimum times for "Walk, Run, Bike" and "Read a Book": if I do 5 minutes, ok. More would be great (and I'm likely to do more once I start).

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 10:31:22 AM »
I don't do resolutions because I never stick to them.

But I have goals for this year, which kind of amounts to the same thing but there are no set timelines.

I want to declutter my house so that I can hire someone to come in and clean for me.  Cleaning is one of the first things to fall off the table when I run out of spoons.

I want to play less on the computer while watching TV and craft more - which will also result in me paying better attention to whatever show I'm watching, since crafting seems to use a different part of the brain than reading.  I have a huge list of projects that need to get done this year - commissions - and a large list of things I'd like to do.

I want to move more and get some more structured exercise, without joining a gym.  Mostly walking, some stretching and yoga.

And I want to finish with the structure of my front garden design.  I probably won't buy many new plants this summer but I'd like to get all the pieces dug out and what plants I do have moved into position.  Then I'll buy plants a few at a time to put in place.  By summer, 2016, it should be completely done and I'll just be maintaining it (deadheading, splitting plants, weeding).
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario