Author Topic: Neighbors, Parking Spaces, and Etiquette Violations, Oh My!  (Read 4065 times)

Possum

Re: Neighbors, Parking Spaces, and Etiquette Violations, Oh My!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 01:23:44 PM »
No HOA, unfortunately. Another unfortunate problem is that no one has wanted to bother with that neighborhood for at least a good fifteen years, probably longer - it was never the best to begin with, but then a whole shedload of illegal Mexican immigrants started moving in, and while I really hate casting aspersions on any nationality, they really were the worst kind that embodies pretty much every horrible stereotype.
They're not horrible because they're Mexican, they're horrible people because they're horrible people (who, in turn, perpetuate a horrible and unfair stereotype, which just adds to the horrible). 
this is the city press who decided it was "too much trouble", exact words, to report on a very gory shooting and only ran one tiny pitiful news story about it when the public was practically beating down their door with torches and pitchforks. :-\
There's got to be more than one media outlet in the area--and you have the internet.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
They're not horrible because they're Mexican, they're horrible people because they're horrible people (who, in turn, perpetuate a horrible and unfair stereotype, which just adds to the horrible).

Yes, you're exactly right. I couldn't quite think of how to phrase it (resetting my sleep schedule, been up too long, brainpower is getting a bit low) and you phrased it perfectly. :)

It has been a while since I've been there, so I don't know, maybe things have got a bit better. I'll be passing these ideas on.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

sevenday

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
With the new "sex offender" information I would definitely be going to the police station with pictures of this guy blocking May's parking spaces as well as copies of every complaint I've made and demanded to speak to supervisors, etc going up the ladder as far as I can to get this guy taken care of.  If he really is on a sex offender list and you ARE that close to a school I would be asking if it's even legal for him to live there at all, nevermind his crappy cars.  If the police still won't do anything - go to the mayor, the news, even the governor (sometimes you have to yank some serious chains to get some action) until it was done.  This guy has proven he will continue to escalate, has threatened others, and is creating multiple nuisances.  He needs to go. 

Alpacas

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
In a case similar to yours that occurred in my community, the people in one neighborhood got together and contacted the City Council, the Mayor's Office, and the media.  After that, the police became more active in shutting down the behavior.

This right here is what i would suggest. As soon as something gets out in the public eye people tend to act on it.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »
OP, take your bigoted ranting to another forum because it's not welcomed here.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.