General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

I guess you don't really want a job, do you?

<< < (2/23) > >>

SamiHami:
One is a financial management branch of a major national bank. Another is some sort of sales company. Those are the two main ones that have interview candidates come through. Seriously-you want to do sales but you can't dress appropriately or communicate effectively? Tsk.

SamiHami:

--- Quote from: melicious on January 03, 2014, 01:12:44 PM ---It's crazy that in this day and age people don't know how to interview properly. I thought that basic interview etiquette was common knowledge. Besides, there's loads of information about it on the Internet. I mean, even if you're to interview at McDonald's you don't show up in a sweatshirt and jeans. And to request the interviewer print out their resume for them? Ridiculous. I always carry at least two copies, in case the interviewer didn't have time to print one out.

--- End quote ---

Oh, but they aren't asking the interviewer to print their resume! They stop by my office looking for one of the other companies and while they are here they ask me to do it for them. I had one guy get downright indignant when I refused!

melicious:

--- Quote from: SamiHami on January 03, 2014, 01:19:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: melicious on January 03, 2014, 01:12:44 PM ---It's crazy that in this day and age people don't know how to interview properly. I thought that basic interview etiquette was common knowledge. Besides, there's loads of information about it on the Internet. I mean, even if you're to interview at McDonald's you don't show up in a sweatshirt and jeans. And to request the interviewer print out their resume for them? Ridiculous. I always carry at least two copies, in case the interviewer didn't have time to print one out.

--- End quote ---

Oh, but they aren't asking the interviewer to print their resume! They stop by my office looking for one of the other companies and while they are here they ask me to do it for them. I had one guy get downright indignant when I refused!

--- End quote ---

:o Wow.

Margo:
I think there are a lot of people who genuinely *don't* know what is expected - and even now, a lot of people who don't think to look for information online.

Of course some may be people who don't want to work, or who only want a very specific job. But I have had candidates who clearly, desperately wanted the job, but had no clue about how to present themselves or their application.

I'm not sure that this is something which people are actually *taught*

melicious:

--- Quote from: Margo on January 03, 2014, 01:54:51 PM ---I think there are a lot of people who genuinely *don't* know what is expected - and even now, a lot of people who don't think to look for information online.

Of course some may be people who don't want to work, or who only want a very specific job. But I have had candidates who clearly, desperately wanted the job, but had no clue about how to present themselves or their application.

I'm not sure that this is something which people are actually *taught*

--- End quote ---

You're right. I hope my post didn't make me sound like a major snob. There are some exceptions and I should know better than to generalize.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version