Author Topic: Need help with a prepared response (long BG, sorry) (Update #30)  (Read 7057 times)

LadyStormwing

Re: Need help with a prepared response (long BG, sorry) (Update #21)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 08:29:36 PM »
Vindication, of a sort. 

Meeting was held tonight, after (ironically!) being postponed last week due to poor weather. Sue spent the hour shooting nasty glances across the table at me, but except for one pointed comment when discussing the final budget for the show, did not even bring up the issue. I'm not sure if someone said something to her, if she calmed down enough to let it go, or realized (gasp) that it was the best decision for everyone's safety, but the cancellation of the show was not mentioned.

Other members of the board did tell me after the meeting, privately, that had the subject come up, they were going to shut the discussion down on the basis that they as a board felt the correct move was made and that she was out of line. I was touched, and just wished they had told me that a month ago so I could have saved myself the worry.

On my end, I won't be working with Sue any time soon. Thank you for your encouragement and support, eHellions!

NyaChan

Re: Need help with a prepared response (long BG, sorry) (Update #30)
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »
Great update :)  Glad they would have had your back.

aussie_chick

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
Really great update Op. I'm so glad this went well.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
Good update! I didn't think you had anything to worry about, because your decision was so completely sensible.

Maybe a takeaway is for us, when we're in your position, to trust to the reasonableness of all the -other- people in the equation (other board members) and to encourage ourselves not to -care- what the UNreasonable people like Sue think. And, to be respectful enough of people like Sue to be able to say, "She can have her own feelings," and thereby not worry about placating her.

As art frequently says here: "Just because someone is upset doesn't mean you did anything wrong."

I do think that if I'm ever in that board member's position, I might consider bringing the issue up myself: "Oh, and I wanted to thank Lady Stormwing for her wise decision to cancel the performance. It was really disappointing, after all the hard work that Sue and her cast put into it, but I wanted to state for the record that Lady Stormwing did a really good job of gathering information about safety. And in hindsight, it's clear that cancelling was the wisest choice, even if it was so wrenching."

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:56 AM »
Great update :)  Glad they would have had your back.
Me too.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools