General Etiquette > Techno-quette

The Facebook Over-Poster

<< < (2/5) > >>

Luci:
Time out, please. When I get shared articles and utubes from anyone, it shows up on my news feed without my being tagged. The only time I am tagged is in a photo. So, what does this "tagged" you are speaking of mean?

mbbored: I just skim past all that stuff, and if questioned, tell the Friend that I am busy and looking for personal posts by you. One person asks why I don't "Like" some of her posts and I tell her I have to really, really like something to do that. (She posts several times a day about a sports team - I hate sports - and the political party we ascribe to, and even some of that is so far out that it is offensive even to me.)

We use Facebook to see what others are up to and share our adventures and that's what I look for from others. Except, of course, from family in Hawaii posting pictures of turtles and the surfing they do. It's 0 degrees here after snow and ice storms. Rub salt into the wound much, Friends?  :) 

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Luci45 on January 07, 2014, 08:36:57 PM ---Time out, please. When I get shared articles and utubes from anyone, it shows up on my news feed without my being tagged. The only time I am tagged is in a photo. So, what does this "tagged" you are speaking of mean?

--- End quote ---

It means the friend is attaching the OP's name to each of these articles so that they (a) appear on her Wall instead of just her newsfeed and (b) send her an email each time one is posted.

crella:
I have people who post multiple posts about the same issued (they each have an issue they care deeply about). I 'hide' some, but just generally scroll by. I would not like the tagging, I have asked everyone on my list to please not tag me. Could you say that getting all the notifications clogs your inbox? Tagging leaves your page open to be seen by their entire Friend list as well, if I am not mistaken (and if FB hasn't changed things again  :D) so that's another objection that could be raised.

Luci:

--- Quote from: Yvaine on January 07, 2014, 08:44:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Luci45 on January 07, 2014, 08:36:57 PM ---Time out, please. When I get shared articles and utubes from anyone, it shows up on my news feed without my being tagged. The only time I am tagged is in a photo. So, what does this "tagged" you are speaking of mean?

--- End quote ---

It means the friend is attaching the OP's name to each of these articles so that they (a) appear on her Wall instead of just her newsfeed and (b) send her an email each time one is posted.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! What an intrusion! I have hidden and unfriended people for less than that!

Joeschmo:
I just went to double check and Facebook has an option where you have to approve tags before they show up on your wall.  You would still have notifications or emails to deal with but it wouldn't clutter up your wall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version