Author Topic: Boss Grants Time Off, Then Denies 3 Weeks before Int'l Travel *UPDATE*  (Read 31972 times)

blueyzca01

Re: Boss Grants Time Off, Then Denies 3 Weeks before Int'l Travel *UPDATE*
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
Wow, she sounds like my Psycho Demon Female Dog from H*ll.  Iíve written about her before, but suffice to say that I was continually sick for about 8 months because my body was telling me that it didnít want to put up with her psychosis anymore.

After tormenting me for a couple of years, I finally quit.  And you know what she says???

ďBut WHY?!?!?!?!?!Ē  She looked truly clueless. 

Good times.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Glad it went smoothly and she didn't try any antics. At least she knows how to take a resignation graciously.

Hope you have an uneventful two weeks and enjoy your well deserved adventure with your husband.

Girly

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
Jillybean When do you plan on giving your notice?

In two days (the 23rd).  DH informed me our flight got switched on the 7th so instead of leaving at 6pm, we'll be headed out in the early afternoon so I can't work that day like I originally planned to.

I am very blessed with my DH.  He travels weekly for work and earns ff miles, hotel points, rental car points, etc.  Because of that, we travel quite a bit.  He has also scheduled us for a week in Phuket Thailand in May and then we have a weeklong Bean-Family reunion in Colorado in late June.  Because of all that, I think it'd be easier to resume working in July rather than hunting now.  I know the gap on my resume won't look good but what kind of employer is going to give a new hire four weeks of vacation within six months of hiring on?  Not to mention my husband intends to keep travelling this way until we have children.

So I'm lucky to have him, but it makes finding and keeping a job a bit trickier.

Well since you accumulate far less than three weeks vacation time / year, I think you made the right decision for you and your family.

Hope you find something soon after all that travelling! I so wish I was going with you.

GrammarNerd

« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »
But dang, I almost wish that the vacation debacle could have come up somehow.  So you'd have the pleasure of saying "this could have been avoided if you'd only kept your word and honored the commitment that you made regarding my time off. But....sucks to be you!  You're still here, and I don't have to put up with it anymore!  Hee hee hee!!!"

Of course, I know that you couldn't say that, but really, don't you just WANT to?

Good for you, though, for the low drama aspect.  Whew!

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:54 PM »
OP, will you be doing an exit interview, and if so, will you mention the holiday issue?

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
Yay! It's done.

I, myself, would have mentioned the vacation. But now that I think about it, it's probably better that you did not. She might get pleasure out of knowing that her antics drove you to leave.

I can't wait to see what higher up boss says about you leaving.

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:12 PM »

Yes, I think their reaction/s will be more telling than Crazy Boss', especially when/if they discover that Crazy Boss' antics drove away a good employee. They might be wondering how many other employees they're at risk of losing due to CB, and/or possibly their time off procedures.

CuriousParty

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2014, 11:08:53 PM »
"Did you find something better?"

"Yes......FREEEEDOOOOMMM!!!" (a'la William Wallace)

Your way was much more dignified, though. :). Congrats!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
"Did you find something better?"

"Yes......FREEEEDOOOOMMM!!!" (a'la William Wallace)

Your way was much more dignified, though. :). Congrats!

No kidding!
We had very specific shirts at my crap job, definitely couldn't be worn anywhere else. I had three when I quit and I burned them in our fire pit. It was glorious!  ;D

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »

Yes, I think their reaction/s will be more telling than Crazy Boss', especially when/if they discover that Crazy Boss' antics drove away a good employee. They might be wondering how many other employees they're at risk of losing due to CB, and/or possibly their time off procedures.

On the other hand the OP says she was only there for a year. So they might not be as worried about losing her as they would about losing someone who has been there for 10 years and proven themselves in many ways. Especially because the OP said she was being paid more someplace else. They might just chalk it up to the OP realized she wanted a better paying job and so be it.

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »
Fun update today.  I am friendly with a new-to-our-department-coworker.  She sits in the cubicle next to mine.  I have been training her on our system for a few weeks (when she has a spare minute) and she knows the whole story about why I handed in my notice. 

After I left yesterday, apparently TT Boss switched gears from  "Oh we'll miss you!" to heavy sighs, slamming her door shut as she left, etc.  Then she (TT Boss) put something on Facebook about "straw that broke the camel's back", meaning she has too much on her plate.  I am not friends on Facebook with my boss so I don't know exactly what it said but it was something along those lines.

So this morning TT Boss has called in both new woman AND the coworker she physically assaulted a few months ago.  Boss wants them to start taking over my responsibilities in addition to their own.  Both are already overworked.  New Woman is being told to do the work of three people AND learn my job.  She is doing the best she can but there are only so many hours in a day.  Assaulted Coworker just ignored the summons and won't come down to face TT Boss.  (I don't blame her!)

So my boss has two weeks to try and replace me and oh yeah, none of my coworkers want these responsibilities.  Snarky Jillybean is grinning about the whole stupid debacle because Boss has really brought it on herself.

Now to just sit back, put in my last couple of days, and bid this place adieu.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:12:17 AM by OSUJillyBean »

RubyCat

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »
Karma. Love it. Though I do feel really bad for the employees that will still be working for her. Hopefully upper management will come down on TT boss like a ton of bricks (unlikely, I admit) or the other employees find better positions. Soon.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
Glad her lack of management skills will get highlighted during this transition. I can not believe the company allows her to still have a job after assaulting an employee let alone allow that employee to still report into her. Just blows my mind.

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
I get the impression upper management doesn't know anything about the assault.  I'm not really involved (I was a witness and it was me who informed Professional Boss) but that's the only thing I can think of to explain why TT Boss is still working here.  The victim of the assault said she would have quit but she was afraid of losing her health insurance. 

Jones

« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »
How do you feel about being a big whistleblower to upper management on the way out? If they don't know about these abuses of power, they can't fix it.