General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Boss Grants Time Off, Then Denies 3 Weeks before Int'l Travel *UPDATE*

<< < (2/38) > >>

cheyne:
I would go to boss once more and tell her that the vacation is planned and paid for and you must have the promised time off.  If she says "No", give your notice.  Your DH is backing you and I can't say I disagree with him.

*I work in a rough-and-tumble industry with 98% men.  I have heard the filthiest language imaginable come from these guys, hand gestures that make me blush, and screaming at the top of their lungs.  However, in 17 years I have never seen anyone hit another co-worker (or customer).  The fact that your boss did that and still has a job is beyond the pale.*

doodlemor:

--- Quote from: cheyne on January 13, 2014, 06:11:30 PM ---I would go to boss once more and tell her that the vacation is planned and paid for and you must have the promised time off.  If she says "No", give your notice.  Your DH is backing you and I can't say I disagree with him.

*I work in a rough-and-tumble industry with 98% men.  I have heard the filthiest language imaginable come from these guys, hand gestures that make me blush, and screaming at the top of their lungs.  However, in 17 years I have never seen anyone hit another co-worker (or customer).  The fact that your boss did that and still has a job is beyond the pale.*

--- End quote ---

Eminently sensible advice.  I agree with every word of this.

Your coworker should have filed charges for assault.

dirtyweasel:
As someone who worked for a violent boss get out now.  It only gets worse.

Zizi-K:
I'm curious why you didn't point out the big boss's statement from the meeting, that everyone's request was granted, so you went ahead and booked non-refundable tickets. Throw the ball back in her court. I mean, it's not like you can cancel the trip, and there was a policy in place that would allow you to take the time off. Why not just have a calm conversation about it?

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: cheyne on January 13, 2014, 06:11:30 PM ---I would go to boss once more and tell her that the vacation is planned and paid for and you must have the promised time off.  If she says "No", give your notice.  Your DH is backing you and I can't say I disagree with him.

--- End quote ---

I agree. And I've also worked in pretty volatile environments and in 20 years never even heard of a physical confrontation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version