Author Topic: Inappropriate ad  (Read 807 times)

CrazyDaffodilLady

Inappropriate ad
« on: January 14, 2014, 02:38:54 AM »
There was an ad showing a big breasted naked woman.  The advertiser was Light in the Box.  I captured a link to the photo.

http://t1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1b7SqUp5PEId3Pir-jwh7yTIe2FNWZdAehhiLZkyOADapcb0sDRH-7EYqH4g&usqp=CAI
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
Re: Inappropriate ad
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
I need a URL to block the advertisement.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:56:33 PM by CrazyDaffodilLady »
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Promise

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
If it was an ad for something else besides light bulbs, often the previous clicks made on your computer will automatically generate ads the google computer "troll" thinks you will click. So if you or someone on your computer were looking up bras, the algorithm might generate those silicone things the model is wearing.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »
The ad goes across the top of the page.  It has five pictures and then the name LightinTheBox.com.  The first two times I saw the ad, the first photo was the bare lady, then five dresses.  It was only the third time I saw the ad that the lady was gone and there were two photos of light bulbs., 

Psychopoesie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
This ad comes up a lot. Used to be mostly wedding or formal occasion wear.

Then the model in the nude coloured bra pic started coming up. Did startle me the first time I saw it - she looked naked.

There's lots of s-xy underwear ads like this in the ads now:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sv/supersexig-broderi-trosa_p326485.html?currency=SEK&litb_from=paid_adwords_DISPLAY&gclid=CLn1nNPQgbwCFcXFpAodgAoAwA

Plus I've noticed the light bulbs have started popping up as well.