General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Boss states her opinion and then says "Don't you agree?"

<< < (6/6)

bopper:
"Pink Polka dots do provide a pop of color, that is true.  However, they are also associated with teenage girls.  So who is our target customer? Does this appeal to them?"

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: Free Range Hippy Chick on January 19, 2014, 04:02:00 AM ---"Um, no, boss, that wasn't me."

It allows face-saving on the part of boss - somebody thought polka dots were a good idea - but it wasn't Lee. Easier then to add "if you recall, my suggestion was the block colouring with the fancy fonts."

--- End quote ---

I like this one!

Marbles:
"I hadn't considered [pink polka dots] before. I can see how they would be [positive feature], but I tend to lean towards [blue stripes] or [green stars]."

"I don't think it would be valuable to the group to talk about that now. I'll get back to everyone at a later date."

"It sounds like we may need to talk about that a bit [within our group] and get back to [partners] later once we've reached a consensus."

--- Quote from: GrammarNerd on January 18, 2014, 10:01:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: gingerzing on January 17, 2014, 12:19:48 PM ---Thanks guys.  This is great help. Lee and I both appriciate the well-versed options. 
We have a big meeting in a few weeks and I am pretty sure Lee will get the opportunity to use a few of these coming up.

--- End quote ---

And something tells me that if Lee uses a few of these, then boss will not be so quick to, shall we say, publicly intimidate her agreement in the future.  Problem solved.

--- End quote ---
No kidding. Perhaps it will get to the point where Supervisor's feelings won't be hurt by Lee's promotion to being under Boss.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version