Author Topic: Need some advice for a friend.  (Read 5331 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: Need some advice for a friend.
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
Good for him!  I was in his shoes once. The Sweetie was dating someone else when we met. I kept my mouth *shut* and my eyes *averted* until she was single again.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

SoCalVal

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
Good for him!  I was in his shoes once. The Sweetie was dating someone else when we met. I kept my mouth *shut* and my eyes *averted* until she was single again.

Pod -- am so glad James made that decision as there is nothing to gain by telling her (but they could both lose either other as friends).  I was not quite in his shoes (or Ms_Cellany's shoes), but DH was dating someone else when we met (I didn't know; he told me after he and I started dating a few months later).  I was interested when I met DH.  DH, it turns out, also was interested but wanted to respect his relationship (even though he'd been trying to end it before I came along) so he only interacted with me when he had to (he was my sponsor for my confirmation).  DH never told me of his interest in me until he'd been free and clear for 2-3 months (and we've been together ever since then).

We are friends now with DH's old girlfriend (she was even one of our wedding guests), but that didn't happen right away.  Also, even though she knew he wasn't the right guy for her, we choose not to share with her that DH *was* drawn to me while he was still in a relationship with her (again, nothing at all happened, but it would serve no positive purpose for her to know this, especially since, when she found out he was sponsoring me, she was concerned that he'd fall for me, and he had to reassure her that that would not be the case as he was in a relationship with her -- she even mentioned it to him again when he broke up with her).

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:33 PM »
Good for him. It shows that he's an actual nice guy and not a self proclaimed Nice Guy

Indeed! Well done :)

He actually is genuinely a nice guy, not a "nice guy".  Whatever woman he ends up with is going to be a very lucky lady.

Is he over 30 and interested in moving to Ontario?   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
^^Funny you should say that, OG....he's already there.
"After all this time?"
"Always."