News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 11, 2016, 10:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wedding dresses ... the cheap and the not-so-cheap!  (Read 23523 times)

gmatoy

Re: Wedding dresses ... the cheap and the not-so-cheap!
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2016, 12:05:07 AM »
Just wanted to restart this thread, I hope it is okay, it seems timeless.

I'm getting married this upcoming summer, and I really want to have a budget wedding, it is what will make me happy. A big expensive wedding is not my thing at all. I knew that I wanted a dress with long sleeves but not a big puffy skirt, I'm tall and curvy and I don't like big cinderella dresses on myself. I went to a bridal store and tried on pretty much all of their long sleeve dresses but all of them had huge skirts. I told the sales-girl that I wanted long sleeves with a sleek skirt and she said they didn't exist, and all those dresses were much more than I wanted to spend on a one-time dress (this is a personal thing, no judgement to people who get expensive dresses at all, every bride is different). I left the bridal store empty handed.

Well, I heard about a high-end second hand store that had a bridal section. I went with my mom and I found my dress with sleeves and a high collar, in a soft airy fabric with a sleek skirt for less than $200 and it was actually a never-worn dress. Literally my dream dress situation!

Congratulations on holding out for the perfect dress and in the budget, too! And best wishes on the upcoming wedding!

Cali.in.UK

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »
Just wanted to restart this thread, I hope it is okay, it seems timeless.

I'm getting married this upcoming summer, and I really want to have a budget wedding, it is what will make me happy. A big expensive wedding is not my thing at all. I knew that I wanted a dress with long sleeves but not a big puffy skirt, I'm tall and curvy and I don't like big cinderella dresses on myself. I went to a bridal store and tried on pretty much all of their long sleeve dresses but all of them had huge skirts. I told the sales-girl that I wanted long sleeves with a sleek skirt and she said they didn't exist, and all those dresses were much more than I wanted to spend on a one-time dress (this is a personal thing, no judgement to people who get expensive dresses at all, every bride is different). I left the bridal store empty handed.

Well, I heard about a high-end second hand store that had a bridal section. I went with my mom and I found my dress with sleeves and a high collar, in a soft airy fabric with a sleek skirt for less than $200 and it was actually a never-worn dress. Literally my dream dress situation!

Congratulations on holding out for the perfect dress and in the budget, too! And best wishes on the upcoming wedding!

Thank you!  ;D

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »
Congratulations on scoring a great dress!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls