Author Topic: Gift Ideas for a Coworker (update post 15)  (Read 1149 times)

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
Re: Gift Ideas for a Coworker
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
I wanted to update this thread since I finally got around to looking for a gift for my coworker.

I ended up getting her this set of silicone wine charms. I thought they were cute, they cost about right, and I was able to be relatively certain that they weren't opposed to alcohol (and thus might at some point serve wine to guests) by seeing some beer glasses on their registry.

My coworker thought they were really cute (and told me that they only didn't register for wine glasses because they already had a lot), so I'd say that's a gifting success!

I also really like the fact that the wine charms can be a cute little decorative thing even when not in use, since I don't imagine most people have a need for wine charms especially often.

Kaymar

Re: Gift Ideas for a Coworker
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 07:58:03 AM »
Those are so cute!  Speaking for myself, if I had cute charms like that, I'd probably use them sometimes for just everyday having a glass of wine with my husband.  Because why not?  No reason not to make daily life a bit more festive.  Well done!

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
Re: Gift Ideas for a Coworker (update post 15)
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:06:19 AM »
I forgot about wine glass charms. I went through a period of a few years where they were my go-to gift to wine drinkers. I think they were newer back then and you could get something really cute or stylish, that was somewhat novel, for $5-6. If they had a party the charms would come in handy, and the rest of the time, they were small enough to store easily. I can see them not being someone's thing, even if they drink wine, but again, it's a small thing they can easily give away--it's not like you gave them a treadmill or something that would be a burden to get rid of. So good choice!
~Lynn2000