News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 12, 2016, 06:40:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to recycle wedding favors  (Read 1291 times)

gellchom

Re: How to recycle wedding favors
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 04:01:06 AM »
Did you order one for each guest?  If so, that would also account for many leftovers.  If my husband and I attended, we would only take one favor like this home no matter how much we liked it.  We would assume that was your intention unless there were one at each plate or something, and even then we'd probably only take one.

Even if you only had one for each couple and one for each single, there'd be extras even if everyone wanted them.  If a family of 2 parents and 3 children came, they probably wouldn't want to take home 4 sugar dispensers.

Last_Dance

Re: How to recycle wedding favors
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:35 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions, I think we'll end up storing them until the next Christmas charity lottery - both our church and DH's club hold one, so we should be settled.

To answer some questions I got, the sugar dispensers were left plain and I'm not entirely sure how many I've got as my mother hasn't returned the one she has left (it might take a while as she forgot to give them to some people who were invited but unable to attend)
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.