News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 26, 2016, 03:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Etiquette of "hosting" wedding crashing family members  (Read 7933 times)

Twik

Re: Etiquette of "hosting" wedding crashing family members
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »
Was there an update?
I asked Rob's wife about it discretely and she actually got sort of defensive and said that they didn't come because my family had made it so clear that they were unwelcome, so I asked her why they would have asked the day before if they already knew they didn't want to bring the kids at that point, and Rob's wife said, "I just know how they feel and understand where they are coming from." In a guilt-trip type way so changed the subject and I pretty much avoided Rob's wife at that point. No one else said anything about it at the event.

In other words "we kept pushing it because we always have to win! But we were also enjoying playing the martyr to other people about how our poor children were so badly treated. This way, we'll have made our point and gotten the invitations, but with luck we can keep up the narrative of how our children were so cruelly excluded."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."