Author Topic: The Prankster Ring Bearer  (Read 4079 times)

bloo

Re: The Prankster Ring Bearer
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »
I don't know if they ever got the rings back... or, indeed, if they even wanted them anymore, considering where they'd been.  ;D

Lesson learned:  Rings on a ring-bearers pillow should be decorative only.

Oh.mah.gah. :o

daen

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »
I don't know if they ever got the rings back... or, indeed, if they even wanted them anymore, considering where they'd been.  ;D

Lesson learned:  Rings on a ring-bearers pillow should be decorative only.

Oh.mah.gah. :o

I'd want them back. Rings are expensive, what with the gold and gemstones and all.
I'd probably want them cleaned about eighteen times first, but I would want them back.

LemonZen

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
I think age has a lot to do with cute vs. irritating, at least for me. A 3-4 year old ringbearer/flower girl trying their hardest but saying/doing something silly is probably going to be adorable. The 6 year old in the OP does not sound cute to me, just badly behaved.

I was at a wedding once where the 7 year old ringbearer decided to whip the ring pillow around and around by the ribbon ends (thankfully after the rings had been taken off). It was hugely distracting, especially after he hit one of the groomsmen in a rather sensitive area. :P In that case I felt like it wasn't cute so much as misbehaving, although the poor groomsman's face was a bit funny. (Good thing it was just a pillow!)

pinkflamingo

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
My parents once went to a wedding in a large cathedral that had the baptismal font about three-quarters of the way up the aisle towards the altar. The ring bearer and flower girl came down the aisle together and the ring bearer kept pinching the flower girl's arm. By the time they reached the font, the flower girl had enough of that and pushed the ring bearer in the font.

My mom ends this story with, "I felt so sorry for the poor bride!" and my dad ends it with, "That was the best wedding ever!"  ::)

hannahmollysmom

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 01:36:14 AM »
I attended a friend's wedding. The bride was so worried about the rings, that she tied them on too tight to the pillow. The ceremony had to stop to locate a jack knife or scissors from one of the guest's to cut them off.

When my girls were 18 months and 3 1/2, they were flower girls in my father's wedding when he remarried after my mother passed away. It was an immediate family wedding, so small, in a small chapel.

Anyways, the girls started down the aisle with baskets of rose petals. My older one thought she needed to guide the little one and took her hand. The little one pulled away, as siblings will do, and proceeded to walk the aisle by herself, laying one petal down at a time. This is where I was thankful for the small chapel as if it had been a large church, I'm sure a meltdown would have happened if we tried to rush her along. Waiting for her to finish would have taken forever!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 07:02:02 AM »
My parents once went to a wedding in a large cathedral that had the baptismal font about three-quarters of the way up the aisle towards the altar. The ring bearer and flower girl came down the aisle together and the ring bearer kept pinching the flower girl's arm. By the time they reached the font, the flower girl had enough of that and pushed the ring bearer in the font.

My mom ends this story with, "I felt so sorry for the poor bride!" and my dad ends it with, "That was the best wedding ever!"  ::)

*Snicker*! Sounds like the RB kinda had it coming then, pinching her arm!

I have vague memories of being a flower girl at about 6 years old. The RB bearer was a little older than I was and I remember being annoyed by him, though I can't remember why.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

crella

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 10:13:46 PM »
My son was a ring bearer in my sister's wedding, and the flower girl was a niece of the groom. The kids met the first time at the rehearsal, she was 5 and my son was 3. Something seemed to be bugging him at first, but he didn't say anything, and it seemed to be non-issue after they were together for a few hours at the rehearsal dinner, so I didn't think any more of it.  The wedding and everything went off beautifully. DS didn't act up until he was introduced coming into the reception hall and dealt with 100 pairs of eyes on him by putting his tux coat on upside down and enjoying the laughter  :D :D :D

Three months later he was looking at himself in the mirror and asked 'NOW, taller than Beth?'