Author Topic: What did you do with your wedding dress after the wedding?  (Read 5078 times)

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
Re: What did you do with your wedding dress after the wedding?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:38 AM »
My mom had a portion of hers turned into a baptismal gown about 40 years after the wedding.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2014, 03:07:32 AM »
The danger in saving the dress for a hypothetical daughter isn't just that it's out of style, but daughter won't have the same build as you.  I saved mine "just in case", but DD is already 5'8 and 115 pounds of muscle-takes after her dad  ;D.  The dress went to a thrift (I bought it at a marked-down store myself), the veil became a craft project.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
I made my wedding dress, and it was a very simple dress, plain white satin with a lace yoke and sleeves, suitable for an older bride.  It's size 26.  There are no daughters or granddaughters in line waiting for it, and my nieces would probably die before they'd wear their aunt's dress.  I still have it.  I made my veil; although it looked very nice once I was finished I had used so many shortcuts making it I'm surprised it didn't fall apart the first time I sneezed while wearing it.