Author Topic: Bridesmaid's Dresses You Loved.  (Read 6176 times)

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
Re: Bridesmaid's Dresses You Loved.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 07:24:28 AM »
A few years ago I was at a public garden and a wedding was taking place. The bridesmaids had the most beautiful coral dresses. Long and slim and they actually, I think,  looked better than the wedding dress.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
I didn't have bridesmaids. But when my cousin got married his bride wore a polka dot green dress and her bridesmaids were in a light brown version. Pretty a Woman had just come out and the dresses looked like the dress Julia Roberts wore to the polo match. They were lovely.

ooooh i loved that dress! so classic!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

z_squared82

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 10:15:16 AM »
My only bridesmaid dress looked very similar to this:
http://www.dillards.com/product/Jessica-Howard-Ruffled-Shantung-Dress_301_-1_301_504394973?df=04155642_zi_champagne&scrollTop=0

It was Kelly green, no belt, no pleats, and we found it on super sale (marked down with an extra percentage off). I wore it for a holiday party later.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:38 AM »
Resurrecting an old thread here because I was just in a wedding where I adored my dress. I felt so beautiful and glamorous in it. The bride gave us a color swatch to match and said "long". Here's what one of the other bridesmaids and I ended up in. (I'm on the right.) My dress was that kind of jersey knit fabric that's a little stretchy and super comfortable, and I loved the detailing on the shoulder clasps. :)

(Click for a bigger image)

daen

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »
Resurrecting an old thread here because I was just in a wedding where I adored my dress. I felt so beautiful and glamorous in it. The bride gave us a color swatch to match and said "long". Here's what one of the other bridesmaids and I ended up in. (I'm on the right.) My dress was that kind of jersey knit fabric that's a little stretchy and super comfortable, and I loved the detailing on the shoulder clasps. :)

So you got the gorgeous dress and you got an orchid bouquet? How lovely!

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »

So you got the gorgeous dress and you got an orchid bouquet? How lovely!

And it's one of the most beautiful fakes I've ever seen, so I still have it and it looks just as gorgeous. Gloat gloat. :)  We had (fake) orchid clips in our hair, too, so I've still got those. I made out like a bandit! LOL

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 07:19:23 AM »
you look great! i love that dress and your whole "look"

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

mime

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 10:56:24 AM »
I've been in 2 weddings and loved both dresses.

I was the only attendant in one wedding and got to choose the dress myself with no restrictions, so it was a simple after-five black dress that I wore many more times.

In the other wedding, the bride chose the dress: beaded sleeveless bodice with lightweight flowy skirt, all in midnight blue. All 3 BMs loved it. After the wedding, one BM had the dress shortened to just above-the-knee and continued to wear it, and one BM removed the skirt altogether and wore the bodice as a fancy top. I had originally planned to shorten the dress, but I already had to alter it for the wedding into a maternity bridesmaid's dress, and never felt like undertaking the task of re-altering it back to something I could wear again.

picturegirl80

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
I've been in three weddings and while the first two dresses were pretty, my favorite was the third dress, which I wore for my cousin's wedding.  She picked a color and told us to find a dress in that color that we were comfy in, so all four of us attendants had different black dresses.  Here's mine (sorry, I don't know how to post a link properly):

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_illusion-halter-with-charmeuse-trim-and-beading-9006db0w_special-occasions-cocktail-party-dresses

It was so comfortable and it was machine washable!  I haven't had an occasion to wear it again but I totally would.
Whatever you do, give 100%.  Unless you're donating blood.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
Ooh, that's pretty!