Author Topic: A Week of 3s...anyone else?!  (Read 763 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
A Week of 3s...anyone else?!
« on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:38 AM »
So. Things happen in 3s.

Saturday night - I got hit by a car at a pedestrian crossing (fortunately the car was travelling very slowly, he just didn't stop. I got told by a witness afterwards that he was more focussed on sending a text message than he was actually stopping at the crossing, just assuming that nobody was going to cross. Idiot. Anyway, I am fine, my phone wasn't.  Fell out of my pocket and now it's criss crossed with an array of beautiful spiders-web-type cracks, which are admittedly pretty to look at, but make it interesting to try reading e-Hell. Yes, it still actually works miraculously. (I have since managed to blag a new phone from provider by sweet talking an early upgrade).

Saturday night - same incident.  Also in my pocket was my work card and bus card (same holder). That went flying somewhere and amidst the shock of realising I'd been hit by a car, I was OK and my phone was FUBAR, I totally did not realise I'd lost my cards.  Stupidly, my card holder is usually in my bag, along with phone.  Had those 2 things been where they should have been at the time,  I would not have had to go through the rigmarole of getting a new phone and I would still have my cards.

Today - I lost my house key.  It dropped out my pocket (will I EVER learn?!) It was found on the road by my landlord's mother, and I am to go to their house and pick it up tonight.

I think I am going to sew up my coat pockets to stop me ever putting anything of any value in them ever again.

Why am I not a normal functioning member of society? I'm sure normal people don't break one thing and manage to lose 3 things in the space of a WEEK.  ???
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

OSUJillyBean

Re: A Week of 3s...anyone else?!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:07:49 PM »
You got hit by two cars in three days?   :o 

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »
*patpathug*

I'm pretty sure I've managed to break one thing and lose three in a single day, so don't feel too bad. ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
You got hit by two cars in three days?   :o

From how I read it was one car, she was just describing two incidents that happened because of her getting hit by the car-- her phone breaking and losing her cards.

To OP: *hugs* Sorry that happened to you.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:19:12 AM »
Yup, same car. Even I haven't (yet) managed to get hit by 2 cars in 2 days.  :-[

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.