Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 12814 times)

greencat

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
I got meowed out of bed this morning for no particular reason.  The food and water were nice and full - as they should have been since I filled them immediately before my head hit the pillow and I'd only been in bed four hours!  More than one of them were upset that I wasn't getting up - I don't normally get up that early either  >:(

gingerzing

« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »
I wish I knew, because I've been getting shouted at since yesterday morning! Doesn't want attention, doesn't want fed, isn't griping about the litter box, doesn't care if the windows are open or not, doesn't want brushies, doesn't seem to be ill or even slightly off-kilter...ugh, Siamese.

Having lived with a Siamese (who taught the tabby that I owned the Siamese version of "The Songs of My People") the highlighted is enough to go by.   ;D

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »
I wish I knew, because I've been getting shouted at since yesterday morning! Doesn't want attention, doesn't want fed, isn't griping about the litter box, doesn't care if the windows are open or not, doesn't want brushies, doesn't seem to be ill or even slightly off-kilter...ugh, Siamese.

Having lived with a Siamese (who taught the tabby that I owned the Siamese version of "The Songs of My People") the highlighted is enough to go by.   ;D

Pretty sure it is, in fact, that. She's still shouting. :P
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Eeep!

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
I have two Egyptian Maus. One of them, Phinneas, does the normal Mau "chortle" and talks a bit but not overly. (He is, however, the world's loudest purrer. Seriously, it can wake you up. lol.)
But his brother, Azizi? Good Lord. He is the one tragically yowling from random places in the house for no discernible reason.  Total "Song of my People".  And he is LOUD. Like wake the dead loud.  With so much Angst. You would think his life was one big torment. Even his own brother seems to do the cat version of an eye roll over his laments.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Arila

« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »
Her TWO water dishes are not to her liking.

The freshly cleaned water dish is not to her liking.

The new water dish with filtered (rather than tap) water is not to her liking.

Snooks

« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
He climbed off the balcony onto the windowsill AGAIN and wants to come in through the closed window.

greencat

« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »
One of my Siamese kittens has been upset on and off all day - I'm evidently not paying quite enough attention to him.  He needs MOAR PETTING!!! 

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2014, 11:19:25 PM »
Not me, but to DD.

Her bedroom door blew open and he wandered in and started yowling at her.

I said "Oh! He was sharing the Song of His People!"

Her answer was that no, he had found a sleeping hooman and This Would Not Do. Hoomuns do not sleep!
Sleep is for Cats!

The other option is that he is reminding us that he turns 20 next week and with Great Age comes Greater Volume.