Author Topic: S/O The One Dish -- The One Thing You can't do  (Read 2744 times)

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
Re: S/O The One Dish -- The One Thing You can't do
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
i can parallel park beautifully... unless DH is in the car.

For some reason if I am by myself, it is a single swoop in and turn the engine off. If he is there it is a painful back and forth, pull out and try again, back and forth, until I finally give up and let him do it.

He always gets it first time too. Fink.

I cant draw or paint to save my life though.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:43 PM »
Add me to the list of those who can't parallel park. When I got my license, NJ was experimenting and suspended that requirement, so I didn't have to do it. I also have issues pulling in and out of spaces. I have depth perception issues so I think I Inches from the car next yo me, when it's a foot or more.

The funny thing is at my friends, parking is on the left side of the road in front of her townhouse, with spaces along the curb. I can parallel park on my side beautifully. I think it's because I can see better.

I can't catch or hit or kick a ball or anything. Again, because of my poor vision. If someone throws a ball my way, by the tine I see it and go to catch it, it's smacked me in the face. Needless to say, I despised gym class

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 01:21:34 AM »
I can 't read music, and it's not for lack of trying.  I can play several instruments but somehow mostly taught myself cheats to get around the block caused by my inability to read music.  I can look at sheet music and I understand the notes and stuff, but somehow I can't translate what's on the paper to what I'm supposed to do with my hands.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 03:57:26 AM »
Reverse driving - I physically *can* drive in reverse (i don't mean "back into a space" -  i mean "drive in reverse down a street") - but i really really don't like to and have been known to drive extremely out of my way in order to avoid doing so. I always feel very much out of control (i haven't owned a car for about 9 years so i don't really drive much, that could also have something to do with it).

(I *can* paralel park and back into a parking space - my driving instructor was great at teaching me that)

Small talk - i am bad at it, i hate it, i always seem to draw conversations to a screeching halt.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Baby Snakes

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
I cannot knit to save my life - my knitting looks like kittens have been playing in it.

I crochet beautifully and have made several garments and afghans.

I used to love counted cross stich but my eyes have gotten so bad I've had to give it up. :-\

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
Tatting.  My Mother was very talented.   I can't remember how many beautiful collars she made for my dresses when I was a child.  I tried, I really did but I could never get the hang of dropping my finger at the right time. 

I also never got the hang of knitting or crocheting.  That was probably because I'm left-handed and everyone who tried to teach me was right-handed.  I was, however, very good at needlepoint and embroidery. 

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »
Thought about this again this morning. I can not gargle. I won't even try anymore.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »
I also never got the hang of knitting or crocheting.  That was probably because I'm left-handed and everyone who tried to teach me was right-handed.

If you want to try again, sit across from the person trying to show you so you are mirroring their movements instead of sitting beside them, trying to copy their movements.  I've managed to teach a lefthanded friend this way.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »
Thought about this again this morning. I can not gargle. I won't even try anymore.

CRUD MONKEYS!!  Me, too.  Unless you count gagging, wheezing and lurching about the bathroom as gargling.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

amylouky

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
I can't snap my fingers. Or do the "fingers in your mouth" whistle, although I can whistle normally okay. I also can't do the hand under the armpit fart sound.

Optimoose Prime

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »
I can't do french knots, either.  Or parallel park.  Or make decent gravy without a mix. 

Apparently, I am hopeless.  :P

turtleIScream

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »
I cannot clean. I try to clean my house, and it isn't gross, but I can't seem to get the sparkly clean look and smell. Even microfiber rags, the heaven-sent cleaning supply that works miracles, leave fuzzies and streaks behind when I use them. I so wish I could afford a maid service.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
Repot plants. We have the healthiest sego palm in the world in a pot. I have repotted it twice.
Poor little guy must be mine - it has scoliosis just like me. There are several other of his brethren around including nice cacti. All healthy but really slanted/crooked.

gmatoy

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »
I can't sing.  I have tried and tried, but what comes out of my mouth it is so off - key, I have had people tell me that I am just trying to be funny.

Now when I am in the shower......

:P

Me neither.  In church my DSs would say, "Mom, don't sing so loud.  You're throwing everybody else off."  I reminded that this is the voice the deity gave me so I'm giving it right back.

I always say, "the Bible says 'Make a joyful noise,' it doesn't say: sing on tune!"

gmatoy

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
Tatting.  My Mother was very talented.   I can't remember how many beautiful collars she made for my dresses when I was a child.  I tried, I really did but I could never get the hang of dropping my finger at the right time. 

I also never got the hang of knitting or crocheting.  That was probably because I'm left-handed and everyone who tried to teach me was right-handed.  I was, however, very good at needlepoint and embroidery.
My mother, a righty, taught many a lefty how to crochet. She sat in front of a mirror and had them watch her in the mirror!