Author Topic: Visiting London in March - what to bring?  (Read 2724 times)

Arila

Re: Visiting London in March - what to bring?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
I attached a wrist strap to the phone when I was using it a lot for a camera while travelling. It was good security, because I had it in hand a lot when walking out and about, or I might be reaching out over a good sized drop, and it was a good safety measure just in case. I bet it would also make it just that much more difficult for it to get snatched out of you rhand.

Cherry91

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Hello, London resident here!

March is currently turning out to be very bright if not always warm, so I would recommend bringing sunglasses!

Also, although it appears to have ended now, in a lot of areas the ground is still pretty sodden from the seriously heavy rainfall last month, so watertight shoes are a must.

saki

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
You do have to be careful with your belongings, as in any large city, but I've lived here for 10 years without having anything stolen and very few (I think only one, offhand) of my friends has, so I wouldn't be too nervous about it.

I think, basically, just pay attention to whether or not your phone is easily snatchable - i.e. if it's in a pocket, make sure it's not in the back pocket of really baggy jeans, or if it's in a handbag, that it's in a zipped compartment.  Of course, you might still get it snatched or you might get mugged but I don't think it's worth investing too much energy in.