Author Topic: The Bride From Hell, With Good reason.  (Read 3491 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
The Bride From Hell, With Good reason.
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
I don't quite really know where to put  this story because it falls into so many categories. 

Mods, please move or delete if you see fit.

We were attending the Wedding of a Nephew and staying at a hotel with a large atrium.  The afternoon before the Wedding many of us were enjoying the pool.  This was located on the third floor of the hotel and overlooked the atrium. 

While we were there, we saw a party being assembled below.  People in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops were hauling in coolers. Toddlers dressed only in pull-ups were playing in the atrium fountain.  We decided this might be something worth watching from a distance.

We learned it was a Wedding reception when the Bride came bursting out of a side door cursing like the proverbial sailor. 

'Where the H--- is my f------ Groom?  Where the H--- is everybody f------ else?'

The Bride's outfit was something Cher might have worn in the 1980s as a goof.  Her hair was piled up almost as high as the Bride of Frankenstein with a gigantic veil that extended far beyond her shoulders in huge poofs.  The dress also had wide, leg-o-mutton sleeves but almost no front.  It was a mermaid style and so tight that she could only move her legs from the knees down. The neckline
twas low enough to show off  the sparkly ring in her navel.  That ring was so big that we could easily see it through the glass panel that separated the pool from the atrium. 

Another relative of ours later  filled us in on the whole story.  He'd gone to to the hotel bar to enjoy a
beer and watch a Baseball game. He saw the Wedding party come in to fortify themselves before the Reception. 

In the pool, Nephew turned to his BTB.  'You're not going to throw something like that tomorrow, are you?'

She certainly didn't.  Their Wedding was elegant, touching, fun and totally lacking in profanity.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:22:33 PM by Thipu1 »

LadyL

Re: The Bride From Hell, With Good reason.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »
That sounds like something straight out of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." Which is a show I find equal parts horrifying and entertaining. I too would not have been able to look away from such a spectacle.

Promise

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
What entertainment you had!

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
The only non etiquette approved part of this story is the bride's loud swearing. A lot of people are offended by that. Disapprove of the attire of the bride until the cows come home but I'm sorry to tell you that just because you didn't like it doesn't mean she, or the people with her, did anything against etiquette because you didn't like how they were all dressed.

Frankly you come across as extremely judgmental. Different people have different standards. Just because they didn't live up to yours doesn't make it wrong.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.