Author Topic: Cats…..a reminder who is in charge  (Read 3476 times)

Katana_Geldar

Re: Cats…..a reminder who is in charge
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »
I knew cats could teleport! One of ours is very good at it, his sister not so much.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 02:34:03 AM »

Cats seem to really resent a closed door.

Yes.  Yes they do.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

green.and.blue

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 07:34:51 AM »
Ours likes to sleep in DS's top bunk. Saturday morning kitty was mewing and generally making a fuss, wandering all over the house - we couldn't figure it out. I went in to change the bedsheets, and moved the blanket that had gotten half-dragged down the ladder in DS's morning wake up. Immediately, the cat apppeared as thoug from nowhere, bounded up the ladder, and curled into a ball, looking out of the window. Poor kitty - HIS ladder was blocked!

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:56 AM »
Fred The Cat will start to meow and pace if I don't go to bed on time. When I do start getting ready for bed, he jumps up on the bed and I swear he supervises me--pajamas on, teeth brushed, face washed, hand lotion on.

Then I squiggle into bed around him. He waits about three minutes--if I haven't moved, I guess he thinks I'm asleep. So he jumps off the bed and goes and does? Who knows, but it's obviously something he doesn't want me knowing about.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Baby Snakes

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:47 AM »
My kitty girl must be in my bedroom whenever I'm in there, preferably with the door wide open.  Sorry sweetie, there are men in the house, I'm not changing clothes with the bedroom door wide open.  If by some chance she is locked out in the hallway she will crouch down so her mouth is right by the bottom of the door then yell her head off until someone (usually me) lets her in.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 12:57:28 PM »
I noticed on Tuesday morning, while home getting some things done (which is very much out of the normal routine on a work day), that Harley and Mocha like to follow me around the house. I was upstairs, they were upstairs, I went down to the living room, they did too. Back upstairs, they were right there. It was amusing.

I told DH we should become independently wealthy so I can be a cat stay at home mom. My teenage son doesn't need me as much as they do.  :P

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »
I work from home. I do lots of audio and video meetings. My boss is in another country but he and I have a standing video meeting each week. The cat knows his voice and insists on being in the room during those meetings. If he isn't in the room and the door is closed, he bangs on it till I get up and let him in. He then has to get onto the credenza behind me and watch my boss during the meeting. Thankfully, my boss thinks it's funny.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
I noticed on Tuesday morning, while home getting some things done (which is very much out of the normal routine on a work day), that Harley and Mocha like to follow me around the house. I was upstairs, they were upstairs, I went down to the living room, they did too. Back upstairs, they were right there. It was amusing.

I told DH we should become independently wealthy so I can be a cat stay at home mom. My teenage son doesn't need me as much as they do.  :P

We were out of town for the weekend, and the kittepusses missed us (read: DH) terribly. When we got home Sunday evening, he unpacked his stuff and went to wind down with his book. No matter where in the house he went, he had three cats orbiting him. On the couch, there was a cat on either side and the third in the chair. In the kitchen, there were two at his feet and one at the water dish. Down in the basement, one cat in the laundry basket, one in the lounger, one on the stairs.

I was upstairs all by my lonesome until he brought them all to bed with him. I am not "Filler of the Dish," so I only get second string cuddles. :(
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »
I work from home. I do lots of audio and video meetings. My boss is in another country but he and I have a standing video meeting each week. The cat knows his voice and insists on being in the room during those meetings. If he isn't in the room and the door is closed, he bangs on it till I get up and let him in. He then has to get onto the credenza behind me and watch my boss during the meeting. Thankfully, my boss thinks it's funny.

Well sure, he's clearly your at home supervisor. He needs to attend the meeting so he makes sure you stay on task.

I don't have cats, but my dogs also dislike closed doors. And if I go to the bathroom downstairs, they'll sit right up against the door, their tails going under the door and then as soon as they hear the toilet flush run in opposite directions because clearly they aren't that attached to mom and are fine if she goes in the little weird room and closes the door.

blueyzca01

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »

I was upstairs all by my lonesome until he brought them all to bed with him. I am not "Filler of the Dish," so I only get second string cuddles. :(
[/quote]

You know what's sad?  I AM the "Filler of the Dish" and I still don't get cuddles.  She is alllll about Daddy.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

veronaz

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »
Haha! Love the pic of tail under the door, GreenEyedHawk.  ;D

I rarely have to get up to use bathroom after I’ve gone to bed.  But If I do, I don't turn the light on, and no matter how quiet I try to be, kitty comes in for a pet/stroke while I’m sitting down.  :)

nuit93

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
If I'm reading for bed, Max will come up and put his paw on the book (or just sit on it) to let me know it's bedtime now.  He'll then lay down on my chest until I fall asleep.

veronaz

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
If I'm reading for bed, Max will come up and put his paw on the book (or just sit on it) to let me know it's bedtime now.  He'll then lay down on my chest until I fall asleep.

My brother and his wife used to have a very bratty (but beautiful) Siamese who would put her paws on whatever they were trying to read.  I remember once we spread a map out on the floor and tried to talk about directions to (whatever), but Geisha was having none of that in HER domain.  She created quite a disruption.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
I've been cat sitting for almost six weeks now.  My friend's cat continues to go from closet to closet, crying and batting at the closed doors.  I think she believes if we open them enough times and in the right order her "real" Mom and Dad will be there.

Jocelyn

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »
Yarnspinner, that's exactly what the cat thinks. When I was a kid, we had a cat who would go up the stairs and meow at my sisters' door after they left for college. We had to go up and open the door and let him see that they were not in there, and after a few days, he'd quit. He did the same when I went to college, Mom said. But Ching was an exceptionally smart cat, and he hated to look foolish, so those two facts would combine to make him give up his search quickly.