Author Topic: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30* *Post-Party Update #71*  (Read 25683 times)

nayberry

Re: Yes, even your kid isn't invited. *Update Post #30* *Post-Party Update #71*
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »
Apologies for the necro-posting but this was the newest post which reference preparing for lesbians according to the search function.

This should possibly be in the "Things you shouldn't laugh at" thread but I wanted it to pop up for people who'd get the reference (not sure how far it spread through the forum).

Background - there used to be a TV show on called Wedding Stories, this was before the proliferation of reality tv wedding shows, it was a combination of bridezillas, really sweet couples and mind-boggling planning.  They generally showed three couples per show and each couple would be on two shows.  There was one lesbian couple who kept going on about how they loved Mitsubishi Warriors (a big 4x4 pick up style truck which is not that common in the UK), they were so beautiful and if they saw someone driving one they'd have to flag them down and ask if they could borrow their car to arrive at the wedding.  For DH and I this morphed into a long running joke about Mitsubishi Warriors being the most beautiful car ever! /background

DH came home today and announced a colleague had purchased himself a Mitsubishi Warrior.  We both agreed that he needs to watch out for lesbians flagging him down on their way to their wedding.  So not so much how do you prepare for lesbians but "be prepared for lesbians!".

A private joke between you, okay. But I don't think it's funny, in fact I find it extremely offensive. If it were a straight couple going on and on about their dream car would you have even posted this, or passed this little gem of a story on?

And if this story has spread throughout the forum, I hope people either delete it or let me know so I will.

Maybe I have misunderstood, and I have no dog in this fight, but I think Snooks is referencing either in this thread or a similar thread of GlitterIsMyDrug where it was very humourously debated how one might "prepare for lesbians" after one of her I think uninvited guests made the preposerous comment that she wasn't "prepared" for meeting Glitter and her fiance.  It was all very tongue in cheek and "can you believe the nerve????" and not actual beliefs of anyone on this forum, from what I recall.
turtle dove, thats how i read it too, made me giggle actually as i remembered the other details :)

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »
Snooks is an active member of this forum and I believe as an adult she can speak for herself. If she feels the need to explain the post I objected to I hope she does so.

But thanks for your input anyway.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Snooks

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »
Apologies for the necro-posting but this was the newest post which reference preparing for lesbians according to the search function.

This should possibly be in the "Things you shouldn't laugh at" thread but I wanted it to pop up for people who'd get the reference (not sure how far it spread through the forum).

Background - there used to be a TV show on called Wedding Stories, this was before the proliferation of reality tv wedding shows, it was a combination of bridezillas, really sweet couples and mind-boggling planning.  They generally showed three couples per show and each couple would be on two shows.  There was one lesbian couple who kept going on about how they loved Mitsubishi Warriors (a big 4x4 pick up style truck which is not that common in the UK), they were so beautiful and if they saw someone driving one they'd have to flag them down and ask if they could borrow their car to arrive at the wedding.  For DH and I this morphed into a long running joke about Mitsubishi Warriors being the most beautiful car ever! /background

DH came home today and announced a colleague had purchased himself a Mitsubishi Warrior.  We both agreed that he needs to watch out for lesbians flagging him down on their way to their wedding.  So not so much how do you prepare for lesbians but "be prepared for lesbians!".

A private joke between you, okay. But I don't think it's funny, in fact I find it extremely offensive. If it were a straight couple going on and on about their dream car would you have even posted this, or passed this little gem of a story on?

And if this story has spread throughout the forum, I hope people either delete it or let me know so I will.

Maybe I have misunderstood, and I have no dog in this fight, but I think Snooks is referencing either in this thread or a similar thread of GlitterIsMyDrug where it was very humourously debated how one might "prepare for lesbians" after one of her I think uninvited guests made the preposerous comment that she wasn't "prepared" for meeting Glitter and her fiance.  It was all very tongue in cheek and "can you believe the nerve????" and not actual beliefs of anyone on this forum, from what I recall.
turtle dove, thats how i read it too, made me giggle actually as i remembered the other details :)

I've bolded the bit where I thought I'd explained why I was posting in this thread.  I was indeed referencing Glitter's previous thread which was the only reason I included their sexuality and did not mean to offend anyone.