News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 09:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You type too loud  (Read 26886 times)

TootsNYC

Re: You type too loud
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
True--but we got a couple of good suggestions out of the resurrection.

And isn't this part of what the archives are for? To pull in new people, and keep our community going?

(This is Venix's 4th post--welcome!)

Another Sarah

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:06 AM »
It's my understanding that reopening old threads is frowned upon, if not against the rules. As a new poster, Venix might not have realised, hence gently pointing out the date.

EMuir

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »
I went through a few keyboards while trying to find one that worked for me. There was one that was very much noticeably "clickier" than the others, my officemates commented on it, and I kept looking until I found a quieter one. If the person who complained is in charge of you keeping your job, it might be worth it to look around for another keyboard.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
It's my understanding that reopening old threads is frowned upon, if not against the rules. As a new poster, Venix might not have realised, hence gently pointing out the date.

I don't think it's agains the rules, but it seems kind of pointless to offer advice to someone who might not even be on the forum years later.

LadyBe205

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »
Years ago I had to take a typing test for a job.  There were 3 of us in the room.  Afterwards the lady next to me comments that my typewriter noise disturbed her and it would be my fault if she failed the test because she needed quiet to be able to work.  I got the job.  She wouldn't have lasted a day.  It was never quiet in that office.