Author Topic: Music or movies that remind you of a person  (Read 472 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Music or movies that remind you of a person
« on: February 07, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
I'm sure we all have a few of these! :) If not a person, it could also be a time in your life.

Beaches: Reminds me of my childhood best friend every time we watch it because she was the one who introduced me to it and we used to quote it to each other all the time.  Also, just like Cece and Hillary we've had times when we grew apart but we keep getting drawn back. :) Plus just like those two we're really about as alike as night and day.  There was a time when we'd even write letters back and forth. :)

Practical Magic: brings me back to my college years, when I first saw it and was curious about Wicca, and actually reminds me of a few different people in my life.  I swear I think the aunts (played by Dianne Weist and Stockard Channing) are like myself and my bff, with me being more like Dianne Weist's character. Gillian (Nicole Kidman's character) reminds me of one of the only friends from college still in our lives. Not quite as wild as Gilly but boy she has had a stream of bad luck with men.

"Bad Moon Rising" by CCR also brings to mind my bff because she does have some mysterious ways about her. Another friend of hers called it her song and I can see why.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BeagleMommy

Re: Music or movies that remind you of a person
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Anything by Gene Pitney reminds me of my dad because that's his favorite singer.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
This piece, Praise to the Lord by F. Melius Christiansen, is a piece that my college choir (video is not my choir) has performed at every concert since the changing of its name to the current one. It takes me back to our spring tour and singing this for the last time on tour. All the seniors cried their eyes out. I can still sing the Alto I part from memory.  :)

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »
It's all in the game, Tommy Edwards.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtizr2G_7Bk
I was 18 and not long married.  One afternoon I had gone with girlfriends to have coffee at a place we frequented. We saw a guy there whom we had noticed  (and admired  ;D) on a previous occasion.  He joined us in our booth.  As usual, we kept the juke box playing.  I went to play some more music and he came up and selected "It's All in the Game"  Then he looked at my ring and said, "I wish that were mine."  That was the end of it and I never saw him again.   I still get a funny feeling when I hear that song. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

heartmug

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »
Fiddler on the Roof reminds me of my grandma.  That was her favorite musical and movie.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain