Author Topic: Perfumes Oldies but goodies  (Read 5384 times)

The Wild One, Forever

Re: Perfumes Oldies but goodies
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »
I wore Charlie and Smitty all through high school and early adulthood, probably till my third year in college, when I changed to a more "adult" perfume.  Anyone remember those?     ;D
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
The very first perfume I remember was one my sister brought from Avon and the bottle was shaped like a swan.  I really loved that bottle and it smelled good too.

The thing I remember most about L'Air du Temps and Windsong were their old commercial jingles.

scotcat60

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
I liked "Citron Vert" and "Vervain" by a firm called L'Herbier de Provence. However, it went bust, and I can't get them. "Rose de Mai" by Coty was a favourite, though I've not seen it lately. Like mechtilde, I love 4711 Eau de Cologne. I like citrusy smells. When I wore Citron Vert, my boss said it was a lovely smell.

(I did not like a perfume called "Tweed". Unfotrtunately, I had an aunt who did, and gave me big bottles for birthdays/Christmas. She gave it to my Mum too, and she didn't like it eiither. Luckily, I had a friend who adored it, so we passed it on to her)

I had an Avon prefume bottle shaped like a squirrel. I wish I had kept it, some of their bottles are now collectors items.

123sandy

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
I used to love Vanderbilt, but I haven't seen it in years. These days I use the Be Delicious range.

Mikayla

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
Every adult in my family has used Shalimar and Emeraude (which is almost like a cheaper version of Shalimar).  I love both of them and my first 2 kitties were named after them.

I also used Ciara a lot, which horrifies me today.  I found some about a year ago and tested it...yikes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:48:19 AM by Mikayla »

jillybean

• Rise and whine
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
It was Love's Baby Soft in middle school.  I used to like White Linen, Red, Chanel No. 5, CK1.
Texas

otterwoman

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »
For the hard to find, or I don't want to buy a full sized bottle to try it out: http://theperfumedcourt.com/ .
They decant perfumes into smaller bottles. I ordered from they when I wanted to try some Chanel perfumes.

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »
I live in the tropics so unfortunately my signature fragrance is "OFF" but fondly remember White Shoulders my mom wore most of her life.
You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

lkdrymom

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
My grandmother wore Chantilly. God that was awful . My mother liked Charlie.  I used to like an Avon scent...Hawaiian White Ginger.   Now I can't wear perfume or be around people who do.

bloo

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
Ah... Still love Sand & Sable and still use it occasionally.

I, too, love Joy but only in the bottle. I smell like a bathroom in an auto garage when I wear it  :P.

I fell in love with a fragrance by Celine Dion... I think it's called Knowing but it gave me headaches when I wear it. I was given a Dark Kiss collection by Bath & Bodyworks, it's yummy and of course that means they stopped manufacturing it ::).

Although it's men's cologne, I still love the smell of the Drakkar my brother wore 25 years ago and bought some for my son.

Nowadays I mostly smell like coconut oil. I use Nutiva organic coconut oil for cooking and moisturizing, smells subtle but heavenly.

veronaz

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »
I wore Charlie and Smitty all through high school and early adulthood, probably till my third year in college, when I changed to a more "adult" perfume.  Anyone remember those?     ;D

I remember Charlie was very popular, mainly thanks to that commercial/song.  Don't recall Smitty.

Someone mentioned Woodhue - that rang a bell but I can't remember the actual scent.

Tweed - wow, I remember some aunts wearing that when I was really young.  But another one that I can't recall the actual scent.

There was one called Jungle Gardenia that I liked for awhile......but it was really strong.

Opium had a body creme in a pretty jar, which I meant to keep but didn't.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:38:07 PM by veronaz »

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 03:47:57 PM »
My late mom was a shalimar or Chanel 5 gal. I think there was Opium also at some point.

I looovrd Charlie of course, I think it was an international law at the time for all teen girls. Then graduated to Nina ricci, a and others.

!

I wonder what I would do if I ever smelled Evening in Paris again - purple bottle, cheapest stuff at Woolworth's or JJ Newberry 5 & 10 stores. There was also Sweet Honesty from Avon, and Wind Song, which I found just wrong recently.

I think one of my earliest memories was that purple bottle of evening in Paris talcum powder that my mother had. I thought it was the fanciest thing evah!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »
Here's a third bride that wore "Beautiful" on her wedding day-- :)

I love Joy, always have and always will. I use just a touch as my daily scent, and for special occasions, I like Creed's "Spring Flowers".

Gosh, some of these are bringing back such great memories....
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »
Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was in Jr. High, it was Love's Baby Soft.

After that, it was Heaven Scent - I think it was an Avon product but I'm not 100% sure.

As an adult, I've always loved Obsession, and Chanel No. 5.  I haven't had either in a long time, though.  These days I'm more a body spray kind of person.

veronaz

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
After that, it was Heaven Scent - I think it was an Avon product but I'm not 100% sure.

I remember Heaven Scent - by Helena Rubenstein.