Author Topic: S/O workingmum's DD-allow me a boast on DS :)))  (Read 494 times)

guihong

• Super Hero!
S/O workingmum's DD-allow me a boast on DS :)))
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
Hi, all:

DS13 enjoys playing his video games on the computer, like most boys his age.  He also enjoys partnering up with his friends.  One friend clued him into Skype, so they could talk while playing.  To do this, he needed headphones with the microphone attached.  As DS is not really a gimme pig and I know this is important to him, I said he could have some.

We went to the electronics store, where DS greeted the clerk and asked to see the headphones with microphones attached.  He saw a set on sale and politely asked questions about the brand, the regular price, and comparisons to other sets (he wanted a pair with the cushions for the ears).  When we were checking out, he asked about any insurance or guarantees (there were), and he asked the clerk to add that on.  As I started to get out my wallet, he said, "I've got it, Mom" and fished out $40.  He's been saving most of his allowance in a stash somewhere, and just carrying a few dollars to school for sundry expenses.  He took the change and thanked the clerk for her time. 

DS had handled the entire transaction himself, and I hardly said a word.  I'm just the taxi ;).  When and how did he turn into such a young man?

ETA: I was sure to tell him how well he'd done and commend his manners. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:17:11 PM by guihong »

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O workingmum's DD-allow me a boast on DS :)))
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »
Don't you love it when they surprise you like that?

DD#2 just told me that she was going to start paying for her own auto insurance. "You shouldn't have to do that any more since I got a job." ;D

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
I started a couple of years ago pushing my son to be the one to talk, so I can be the chauffeur and chaperone.

I find now and then that I have to push the clerks to pay attention to him.

workingmum

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »
You did well with him guihong!!! It's scary how quickly they grow up!
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge