Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Thread Deleted - Not Locked

<< < (2/9) > >>

Nebraska Jones:

--- Quote from: Mergatroyd on February 14, 2014, 06:44:06 PM ---I was reading one about getting a neighbours mail by accident, and it vanished before I finished reading the second page! I've actually been in a similar situation though not quite the same content. I'm hoping it comes back so I can finish reading it and see it resolved.

--- End quote ---

That's the one!   :)

Mikayla:
Maybe it is a bug.  There was one in the Hugs folder that disappeared a couple days ago.  I remember because I didn't have time to respond and I wanted to give some suggestions.  I was curious how it ended and then it just disappeared.

Ehelldame:
There is no bug in the forum software.  The anonymous letter thread garnered a considerable number of complaints from readers citing that the thread was going nowhere, legal advice was being dispensed, etc. and was therefore removed. 

MariaE:

--- Quote from: Ehelldame on February 14, 2014, 11:01:42 PM ---There is no bug in the forum software.  The anonymous letter thread garnered a considerable number of complaints from readers citing that the thread was going nowhere, legal advice was being dispensed, etc. and was therefore removed.

--- End quote ---

But why remove it instead of just locking it? It's a shame that just because some members couldn't play by the rules that Nebraska Jones can't see all the other excellent advice she got.

Wordgeek:
I deleted the thread.  The advice I saw didn't impress me as being excellent, since it was only marginally an etiquette issue to begin with and the thread had numerous offensive and inappropriate remarks sprinkled throughout.

In any case, the overall welfare of the frum takes precedence over individual concerns.  The thread was attracting trolls, so it was deleted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version