Author Topic: Is a Friday morning wedding really so unusual?  (Read 9898 times)

gellchom

Re: Is a Friday morning wedding really so unusual?
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »
I think the OP is doing the best she can with her resources. If people complain, then they complain.

But maybe she isn't only interested in protecting herself from hearing complaints or in having justification.  Maybe she actually cares how her family and friends might feel.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2014, 11:06:58 PM »
I don't know if this was what Winterlight was getting at.  But, what I noticed from the OP's posts is that she has totally bent over backward for these people and they are still complaining.  I honestly don't think that the complainers really give a hoot about the OP's feelings.  At some point, you just have to stop bending. 

gellchom

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
That's true about those guests.  But there are almost 200 others, right?  I somehow got the impression that she was contemplating all of them, not just the ones who complained about the location.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2014, 05:47:08 PM »
I can see your point, it's not ideal but we really are on a very tight budget. :p I kinda feel like I was in between a rock and a hard place, I live in a small town in state A and fiancée lives in a large city in state B, most of our family also lives in state B, the two states are about a 1000 miles apart. We were originally going to have the wedding in state A since this is where we are going to live after the wedding and things are much less expensive here. Both our families kicked up a fuss about traveling that far so we agreed to hold it in state B, but since we are paying for everything ourselves it meant we needed to find ways to save money, a lot of money. :p This seemed like a good solution. :-\ While I'd love everyone to come I completely understand if they can't take the time off work and would never guilt anyone over it.

This had been an update from the OP. 

Both the families kicked up a fuss, so they moved the wedding from a small town where they live, to large city 1000 miles away to appease both families.  My logic is that when the wedding is moved from where the happy couple lives, to the more expensive location where you live, then The Right To Complain is over.  Not that the guests should really complain at all.