News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 02:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: When you see someone you know on TV  (Read 8623 times)

exitzero

Re: When you see someone you know on TV
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:04 AM »
I had a neighbor who was profiled on American's Most Wanted Once...if that won't make you sit up straight and pay attention to the TV, nothing will.

Many years ago, my sister worked at a local TV station, so family members and friends would appear from time to time. My dad did a show where they were showing what the effects of a disaster would be on the area. My dad was in the "kill zone". My 5 year old cousin saw it and became hysterical, thinking my dad was really dead. They had to get him on the phone quick!

It wasn't TV, but I was in a  movie once and didn't even know it. It was a documentary about the singer Steve Earle. I went to the theater to see it, and there I was in one scene chatting with Steve. (Luckily it was part of a montage with music playing over it, because I probably was saying something stupid!). I never noticed anyone with a camera at the time. You never saw such a double take when I realized it was me!