Author Topic: What now? ("plus one" issue) (nonupdate post20, final post32, odd update post46)  (Read 16225 times)

Roe

• Super Hero!
I hope you ignored her and her request.

norrina

Since she contacted me as a potential client, I responded in kind. Asked for the information I needed to establish if I would be able to take her request, determined that she was missing a relevant piece of information, told her to research that and let me know if the answer was X (which would mean I might be able to take her request) or Y (which would mean indefinitely couldn't help), and haven't heard back since. I suspect the answer was Y.

SoCalVal

Since she contacted me as a potential client, I responded in kind. Asked for the information I needed to establish if I would be able to take her request, determined that she was missing a relevant piece of information, told her to research that and let me know if the answer was X (which would mean I might be able to take her request) or Y (which would mean indefinitely couldn't help), and haven't heard back since. I suspect the answer was Y.

So, basically, she couldn't be bothered to put closure on her request and just say something like, "Turns out the answer is Y so you wouldn't be able to help after all.  Thank you for considering it, though!"  I'd be inclined to not respond at all should she be in contact again.

sammycat

• Super Hero!
So, basically, she couldn't be bothered to put closure on her request and just say something like, "Turns out the answer is Y so you wouldn't be able to help after all.  Thank you for considering it, though!" I'd be inclined to not respond at all should she be in contact again.

Ditto.

norrina

So, basically, she couldn't be bothered to put closure on her request and just say something like, "Turns out the answer is Y so you wouldn't be able to help after all.  Thank you for considering it, though!"  I'd be inclined to not respond at all should she be in contact again.

Yeah, I'm definitely noticing a pattern here when Julia gets an answer she doesn't like.  ::)