Wedding Bliss and Blues > Par-Tay!

Who should make the reservation?

(1/3) > >>

Nice Gal:
My hubs and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary and his mother wanted to take the whole family to dinner to celebrate and she was paying.  She asked us where we wanted to go and what time. We told her.  I thought she was making the reservations and she thought I was.   

So I just apologized for the miscommunication and we got over it.   But now I'm wondering, just who should have made that reservation? I don't think I should have.  I think since she was paying and inviting people to the party/dinner, she should have.   

What do you all think?   

Margo:
since she was treating you, I'd expect her to make the reservations, unless she specifically asked you to do it on her behalf.

Harriet Jones:
Since she was the one who extended the invitation, I would expect your MIL to make the reservations, unless she said otherwise.

shhh its me:
   She should have but I can see the logic of "GOH" , who is close family makes the reservation." just because its for you and you can then ask question or make some decisions ie  We have 8 or 6 available not 7. So I can i understand how this convention may have devolved.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Harriet Jones on February 23, 2014, 01:44:04 PM ---Since she was the one who extended the invitation, I would expect your MIL to make the reservations, unless she said otherwise.

--- End quote ---

I agree, but I could understand how she would assume you would since you were familiar with the restaurant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version