Author Topic: Songs that Get Stuck in Our Heads  (Read 3715 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Songs that Get Stuck in Our Heads
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »
Ok, we all get these.  Songs that get stuck in our heads and we cannot get rid of them all day. So............the idea of this thread is to replace said annoying song with a song equally as annoying, if not more so! Sooooooo.........I'll go first!

Bridge over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel

Edited: To remove a word which caused quite horrible visual images.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:16:00 AM by Hollanda »
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

blewellyn

Re: Earworms!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »
Take a Chance On Me...Abba

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
I have the ultimate, sure fire guaranteed cure for earworms.

It has never failed.

But...I always warn the patient that the cure may well be worse than the disease.

Scroll down if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.

"It's...a small world after all...
It's a small world after all."

Yeah. Warned you!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »
Right now I have "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner stuck in my head.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:50 AM »
Love the way you lie -  Eminem and Rihanna. I loathe that song and a friend of mine just had to turn it up earlier.

perpetua

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:12 AM »
As a musician-type person I suffer terribly from earworms. The worst time is always immediately after a rehearsal, where it's guaranteed the last thing we play of an evening will travel home with me and get stuck in my head. Sometimes it'll stay there until the next rehearsal. I think the worst one was Leroy Anderson's "A Christmas Festival", which still occasionally returns to haunt me nearly three months later.

We finished up sax choir rehearsal with Harlem Nocturne last night. It's still stuck there at nine thirty this morning. It's driving me nuts.

It's never the whole tune either. Just a little snippet of it. On an endless loop. Like Groundhog Day.

Argh.

:-\

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »
This is probably a Bad Thing to give to others but... Dogging by Fascinating Aida.

Please note that this is not even a little bit safe for work and that it is plain Rude. Very funny, very catchy, very rude. And a complete earworm.

perpetua

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
This is probably a Bad Thing to give to others but... Dogging by Fascinating Aida.

Please note that this is not even a little bit safe for work and that it is plain Rude. Very funny, very catchy, very rude. And a complete earworm.

I am in the physiotherapist's waiting room. I'm guessing I should wait till I get home, right? :-)

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »

I am in the physiotherapist's waiting room. I'm guessing I should wait till I get home, right? :-)

Probably wise! Besides, on your own wifi you can try the one about Cheap Flights, and the Ofsted Inspection one as well.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:11 AM »

Probably wise! Besides, on your own wifi you can try the one about Cheap Flights, and the Ofsted Inspection one as well.

Oooooooooooooh gonna have to hear the OFSTED one.  OFSTED are absolutely on my hate list.  They have RUINED our education system to the point that my 2 year old son now has a learning file that he will be expected to take to Nursery/Pre school next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggggggggggh!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Songs that Get Stuck in Our Heads
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
"Let It Go" from Frozen.  Doesn't help that the 2  year old will walk around singing "Wet it go...wet it go..."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
'Boodle am shake' by the Dixieland Jug Blowers.  The tune was recorded in 1926.

Finding this is an easy Google search but be warned, once you've heard this infectious Charleston, it will never leave your head.   

emwithme

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »
I keep getting a mash-up of:

5 - 6 - 7 - 8 by Steps and
Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus

whenever I'm cooking.  It leads to (Very Bad) line dancing in the kitchen.  Oh well. 

The past couple of days, I've had Michael Hurd's Rooster Rag (the first verse only)...to the point that when I was testing a new PC yesterday, this is what I typed:

Once upon a time there was a widow
She was poor and life was very hard
She had three pigs and a cow upon a meadow
And a rooster strutting proudly in the yard
His name was Chanticleer, what a handsome fellow
It was Chanticleer, monarch of them all
His name was Chanticleer, red and black and yellow feathers
See him standing, crowing on the wall.

It didn't work.  It's still stuck there.  I learned this in school choir when I was about 8, so for nearly 30 years I've had this pop in and out of my head  :o

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »
The Kyle's Mom song from South Park. You know, the one that says she is a feminine version of a dog.

Vita brevis, ars longa

Nikko-chan

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
"Let It Go" from Frozen.  Doesn't help that the 2  year old will walk around singing "Wet it go...wet it go..."

I'm always getting that song stuck in my head.

Another one for nomination:

Counting Stars by OneRepublic