General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Rachel Maddow's response to Alec Baldwin

<< < (2/3) > >>

Piratelvr1121:
Makes me think of the girl who was in quite a few movies in the 90's, Mara Wilson.  She had so many of those "cute little girl" roles like in Mrs. Doubtfire and she played Matilda.  Then she just stopped doing roles and it was her own choice, from what I understand.  I think she even wrote an online essay about why some children in showbiz end up like Macauley Culkin or Justin Bieber.

Seraphia:

--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on February 27, 2014, 11:51:35 AM ---Makes me think of the girl who was in quite a few movies in the 90's, Mara Wilson.  She had so many of those "cute little girl" roles like in Mrs. Doubtfire and she played Matilda.  Then she just stopped doing roles and it was her own choice, from what I understand.  I think she even wrote an online essay about why some children in showbiz end up like Macauley Culkin or Justin Bieber.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I remember that article. It was on cracked.com, I think.

She sounded like a really intelligent, thoughtful person. Her rationale for dropping out of the spotlight was much less "everyone here is mean!" and much more, "Ok, I think I need to take a break." And I can totally respect that, even though it does make me a little sad that I won't see her in movies anymore.

Dindrane:

--- Quote from: Seraphia on February 27, 2014, 11:57:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on February 27, 2014, 11:51:35 AM ---Makes me think of the girl who was in quite a few movies in the 90's, Mara Wilson.  She had so many of those "cute little girl" roles like in Mrs. Doubtfire and she played Matilda.  Then she just stopped doing roles and it was her own choice, from what I understand.  I think she even wrote an online essay about why some children in showbiz end up like Macauley Culkin or Justin Bieber.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I remember that article. It was on cracked.com, I think.

She sounded like a really intelligent, thoughtful person. Her rationale for dropping out of the spotlight was much less "everyone here is mean!" and much more, "Ok, I think I need to take a break." And I can totally respect that, even though it does make me a little sad that I won't see her in movies anymore.

--- End quote ---

She still does theater acting, and she has a blog. So she's definitely put herself back into the public spotlight, just not in the same way as when she was a child. But yes, she did pretty much drop out of acting without any fanfare because it stopped being what she wanted to do.

Sara Crewe (previously Tia2):
This is basically 'goodbye cruel forum' for a famous person (where someone flounces out of a forum and you just know they are waiting to be begged to stay).  It doesn't seem to happen on  ehell but I've definitely seen it elsewhere.

Piratelvr1121:
Makes me think of some musicians who do more than one "Farewell tour".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version