Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 13791 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »
... Mom took my toy puppy and embroidered a mark in its ear so that I could tell my puppy from my sibling's.

So basically she invented the concept of the microchip!   :D

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
DS cried (screamed, melted down, tantrummed, whatever) on Wednesday because:

- He didn't want chicken dippers for his dinner, he wanted chicken nuggets. No amount of explaining they were the same would do it for him.  Eventually I just said "They are chicken nuggets.  Look." He stopped.

- He wanted his juice in the green cup, not the red one.  Me pouring the existing juice wasn't good enough, we had to do it all over again.

- I refuused to let him "help" turn the oven on. (I don't like him being near the oven when it's on, and he knows it).

- He wanted to throw his ball at the TV, I said no, that's not a great plan.  "Whys?" he asked. I explained if he did that, it would break the TV and no more Sooty. At that, his face crumpled.  Just the idea of going without his daily fix of the cute lil yellow bear is too much for him. 

- He wanted to wear socks, shoes and coat to sleep in.

- He wanted to take socks, shoes and coat off himself, but was too tired to do it but too proud to let Mummy do it.  So just screamed instead.

!!!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2014, 12:12:01 PM »
This is a story from when I was about 4 years old.  My parents left me with some family friends for a few hours and for some reason I was upset about it.  (No idea why, they were very nice people and I was normally fine without my parents.)  I was sitting sadly at the bottom of their stairs looking at the front door.  Their little girl, about a year younger than me, was sitting beside me.  Then the door handle turned and she said "Daddy."  I gasped and looked up and in walked.... her daddy.  And I burst into tears.  I remember the poor man picking me up, carrying me upstairs and cuddling me completely bewildered about why I was crying.  That was the day I learned that *every* dad's name is "Daddy."

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Many years ago, Mr. Bunny and I were on a trip over Easter.  Our two children stayed with the grandparents.  We called Easter morning just as they were opening the Easter baskets I had prepared.  While talking to my parents, we suddenly heard a howl of outrage from DS.  "It's dark inside!" 

Yes, he had bitten into a chocolate bunny, only to discover it was hollow.   ::) ;D

I've been known to be upset by that...as an adult.  ::)

We were discussing Easter candy at work the other day and I lamented that it was the first year we hadn't bought candy for our (now adult) kids.

My boss, who is in his 40s laughed and said he gets upset if he doesn't get his chocolate bunny! (His wife confirmed this).  ;D

"Hollow or solid?" I asked, out of curiosity.

He gave me a humorous "Captain Obvious" look and said "Solid!" as though there were no other options.  ;D

So, you are not the only one!

Frog24

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »
My littlest one is a completely different personality than her older sister.  Night and day, the two of them.  As soon as I walk in the door, the older one comes to say hi and get a hug.  The younger one sees her do it, and start crying because she's jealous.

If the younger one gets to me first, she gets the hugs and kisses, then I tell her it's her sister's turn.  I put her down and she's fine until my older one gets into my arms.  Then the tears start, the wailing, the kicking.  Jealous, jealous, jealous. 

Oh!  Another one: 

I put flip flops on the little one (16 mos old), and she couldn't figure out how to walk in them.  She wanted them off, NOW!!!  Well, she started crying, and started shaking her feet trying to get them off.  The sight of such a visceral reaction made me start to laugh.  She looks at me, sees me laughing and loses it.  She wails harder and takes a dedicated swipe at my face with her fist.

Edited to add that today she cried (as in screeched at the top of her lungs with liquid flowing out of most facial orifices) because I put pants on her. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:47:11 AM by Frog24 »

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »
He was crying because he wanted to pull up his pants and couldn't.  I tried to help.

Cute a tantrum of epic proportions.

auntmeegs

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Mine cries because we don't let him eat the dog food.   :o

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »
Mine cries because we don't let him eat the dog food.   :o

DS cries when I don't let him eat frozen chicken dippers.  Really, child, anyone would think we don't feed you!

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
Today my 5yo cried because the peach jam in her yogurt didn't look like anything except bits of peach. Really, I thought we were past this.
                www.ellenseltz.com

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
For years and years I have told the statement-

"Toddlers and teens are a lot alike- they eat more, sleep more, pitch more fits, test boundaries, are hard to communicate with, don't need your help, want independence, etc..."

Now that DS is 18, oh Lordy!  how true it is! 

if he were 2 or 3, would be cute.  Now?  Not so much.  At all. 

He is going off to a very good university in the fall, and he will do well.  Proving his independence and doing his own things on his own time, yay for everyone!!

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

parrot_girl

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2014, 01:14:24 AM »
Yesterday Toddler Budgie was crying because I insisted on driving the car forwards instead of reversing the entire 20 kilometres. Sorry son, your mother has an inconvenient sense of self-preservation.

pearls n purls

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
My toddler niece asked for some ice and was given a piece.  She then clarified that she wanted warm ice.  She completely lost it when her parents explained that it wasn't possible.

Jones

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Tonight we had some surprise drop-by guests. I made Tang. I put 5 ice cubes into the pitcher of Tang and DS, age 3, totally lost it. I took him to the other room for no less than 10 minutes while DH entertained and gave out the Tang. When DS and I came back, he obsessed over the pitcher and insisted I remove the now-slivers of ice with a spoon before he would turn his attention to anything else.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
My friend's toddler was looking out the window this morning then burst into tears.  When asked what was wrong, he pointed out the window and announced that it was totally unfair and unreasonable that he couldn't "fly like the birdies".
"After all this time?"
"Always."

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »
3yo DD is crying because her brother, 5yo, bit her after she asked him to. She actually repeatedly demanded that he bite her, and waved her toes in his face until he finally did it.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz