Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 13448 times)

mmswm

Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2014, 05:40:29 PM »
My middle DS pitched a fit recently because it wasn't fair that he doesn't have an android phone.

He has an iPhone 5c.  *eyeroll*
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2014, 06:55:59 AM »
He wanted to play outside.  At 6.00 this morning.   In his PJs, with no shoes and socks on.   >:( 
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:33 PM »
My neighbour's two-year-old flipped out because she changed the setting on the garden hose sprayer to a shorter range so he couldn't soak everything in sight.  Didn't make him stop playing with it, just changed the setting. 

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »
My almost 2yo is crying because I won't let him climb over the banister and jump down the stairs.

3yo DD is crying because she doesn't remember what baby doll she slept with last night, so she wasn't sure which baby doll to sleep with at nap time (there's a rotation apparently)

5yo DS is crying because I mopped the floor. Apparently he liked the stickiness of the juice ::)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
Toddler child I saw at CFA was crying because his daddy would not let him go out the doors to go play in lunch rush hour traffic. 

Friend of mine's baby girl was crying because she could not be fed avocado for the very first time, fast enough!   yum, slurp, chew, cry!  slurp, cry!  yum yum, slurp, cry!!

made for funny photos.   
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »
His last biscuit was broken in the packet.  :'(

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2014, 12:38:32 PM »
Tell him "Don't be silly. Now you have two biscuits!"  That works until they hit 3 or so.  Offer them one, they want two, so you break the one in half.  Voila, two!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 05:11:06 AM »
Tell him "Don't be silly. Now you have two biscuits!"  That works until they hit 3 or so.  Offer them one, they want two, so you break the one in half.  Voila, two!

Nope. Tried that.  He won't have it if it's broken when he picks it up.  It's "dirty".  No matter how I explain to him that it breaks when he eats it anyway, he won't believe me.  He's 3 in October. It's just one in a long line of his little "-isms"...he won't drink his juice from his red cup, he needs to be able to see it is blackcurrant juice!!

greencat

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »

Nope. Tried that.  He won't have it if it's broken when he picks it up.  It's "dirty".  No matter how I explain to him that it breaks when he eats it anyway, he won't believe me.  He's 3 in October. It's just one in a long line of his little "-isms"...he won't drink his juice from his red cup, he needs to be able to see it is blackcurrant juice!!

I often find myself discarding broken flat crunchy foods...some things you never grow out of!

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
My neighbour's two-year-old started crying because she wouldn't let him pour his dad's beer out of the bottle into a sippy cup so he could drink it himself.   ::)

He also flipped out when his dad and my husband went to the beer store earlier.  He started walking down the street screaming about how he was going to walk to the beer store to see his dad.  I started following him (his mom and I were laughing) and he was freaking out "Let me GOOOO!!"  I said "I'm not going to get you, I just want to see if you know the way."  Eventually we caught up to him and he let us walk beside him.  I kept saying "Okay, which way to the beer store?" and he'd point and go "That way."  He was on the right path until 3 blocks later when he pointed up the wrong street.  Then we said "Oh, I think I hear them back at home...we should turn around and go back now."  It was extra funny on the way home (uphill) because on the way downhill I said "You realize that this is a long walk and you'll have to walk home too.  We're not going to carry you."  He was fine with that until the actual walk back then he was all "Mommy, pick me up..."  I said "We already discussed this - you have to walk back yourself!"  Pretty sure he slept well that night.  ;D

Jones

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »
I took the case off the pillow so it could be washed.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »
My friend's toddler was looking out the window this morning then burst into tears.  When asked what was wrong, he pointed out the window and announced that it was totally unfair and unreasonable that he couldn't "fly like the birdies".

I'm with him!

perpetua

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2014, 03:11:37 AM »
My friend's toddler was looking out the window this morning then burst into tears.  When asked what was wrong, he pointed out the window and announced that it was totally unfair and unreasonable that he couldn't "fly like the birdies".

I'm with him!

Along those lines, I saw a youtube video the other day in which a little girl was having the mother of all tantrums because, and I quote, 'I'm not four!' Apparently being three and a half just wasn't cutting the mustard any more.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2014, 04:10:25 AM »
She was worried a Prince would try to marry her.....

Long story--we went to story time at the library the other day. The theme was Knights, so the Prince of the local renaissance faire was there with the Court Librarian and Master of Arms to talk about Knights and read a story. The Prince saw DD and said something about not knowing there was a Princess attending (she was dressed up) and she hid behind me. After he left, I talked to 3yoDD to figure out what was wrong. You see, she figured that with him being a Prince, and her being a princess, obviously he would want to marry her. She very seriously told me that she's "a little girl, and he has to marry a big, grown up Princess." and that she, (my 3 year old! daughter) is going to marry her true love.
It gets better...you see, we've met this Prince before, and my 5yo son thinks he's the bee's knees. Serious hero worship. So he wanted to talk to/take pictures with the Prince. But DD didn't want to talk to him until I agreed to explain that he can't marry her. I nearly bit a hole in my cheek trying to keep a straight face. He was awesome, stayed in character, praised her for her wisdom and asked if they could be friends. Adorable, right?
2 days later she's still talking about it. She's not getting married, even if the Prince cries and cries and cries. She's brought it up about a dozen times!
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
2 days later she's still talking about it. She's not getting married, even if the Prince cries and cries and cries. She's brought it up about a dozen times!

Oh, please, may she keep this spine all her life!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."