A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

My Child Is Crying Because...

<< < (26/29) > >>

Hollanda:
His last biscuit was broken in the packet.  :'(

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: Hollanda on June 24, 2014, 10:12:51 AM ---His last biscuit was broken in the packet.  :'(

--- End quote ---
Tell him "Don't be silly. Now you have two biscuits!"  That works until they hit 3 or so.  Offer them one, they want two, so you break the one in half.  Voila, two!

Hollanda:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on June 24, 2014, 12:38:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hollanda on June 24, 2014, 10:12:51 AM ---His last biscuit was broken in the packet.  :'(

--- End quote ---
Tell him "Don't be silly. Now you have two biscuits!"  That works until they hit 3 or so.  Offer them one, they want two, so you break the one in half.  Voila, two!

--- End quote ---

Nope. Tried that.  He won't have it if it's broken when he picks it up.  It's "dirty".  No matter how I explain to him that it breaks when he eats it anyway, he won't believe me.  He's 3 in October. It's just one in a long line of his little "-isms"...he won't drink his juice from his red cup, he needs to be able to see it is blackcurrant juice!!

greencat:

--- Quote from: Hollanda on June 26, 2014, 05:11:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Elfmama on June 24, 2014, 12:38:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nope. Tried that.  He won't have it if it's broken when he picks it up.  It's "dirty".  No matter how I explain to him that it breaks when he eats it anyway, he won't believe me.  He's 3 in October. It's just one in a long line of his little "-isms"...he won't drink his juice from his red cup, he needs to be able to see it is blackcurrant juice!!

--- End quote ---

I often find myself discarding broken flat crunchy foods...some things you never grow out of!

Hurricane Marathon:
My neighbour's two-year-old started crying because she wouldn't let him pour his dad's beer out of the bottle into a sippy cup so he could drink it himself.   ::)

He also flipped out when his dad and my husband went to the beer store earlier.  He started walking down the street screaming about how he was going to walk to the beer store to see his dad.  I started following him (his mom and I were laughing) and he was freaking out "Let me GOOOO!!"  I said "I'm not going to get you, I just want to see if you know the way."  Eventually we caught up to him and he let us walk beside him.  I kept saying "Okay, which way to the beer store?" and he'd point and go "That way."  He was on the right path until 3 blocks later when he pointed up the wrong street.  Then we said "Oh, I think I hear them back at home...we should turn around and go back now."  It was extra funny on the way home (uphill) because on the way downhill I said "You realize that this is a long walk and you'll have to walk home too.  We're not going to carry you."  He was fine with that until the actual walk back then he was all "Mommy, pick me up..."  I said "We already discussed this - you have to walk back yourself!"  Pretty sure he slept well that night.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version