Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 13353 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
When she was about a year old, my DD burst into hysterical tears because she saw a lone glove lying on the sidewalk one winter day.

She was so upset that it was lost and separated from its sibling.

I ended up placating her by placing it on top of the fire hydrant "where its owner will see it and rescue it."

whatsanenigma

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 06:41:22 PM »
When she was about a year old, my DD burst into hysterical tears because she saw a lone glove lying on the sidewalk one winter day.

She was so upset that it was lost and separated from its sibling.

I ended up placating her by placing it on top of the fire hydrant "where its owner will see it and rescue it."

That's so sweet.   :)

EllenS

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
Today my daughter was on the verge of tears, because we were leaving for school six minutes later than we usually do.  She was convinced she'd was going to be late to school, so she wouldn't put her coat on or - you know - *leave* because she was so busy having a breakdown over being late.

Trying to explain that we still had twenty minutes to make a seven-minute walk just upset her more.

We were not late.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
My sister (2 yo) 1972 Houston Texas- because that nasty white stuff kept falling out of the sky on her nice new blue fur coat. (Yes she looked a little like a groomed cookie monster when she had the hood up).

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Eeep!

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »
This is an old one but my brother once cried cause I didn't cut his PB&J properly.

Still a source of tension in my house.  This weekend, DD refused to eat her sandwich because Daddy cut it into squares and she clearly (silently, suddenly) didn't want it that way.  That happens every few months, with cut sandwiches being okay 99% of the time and then suddenly NOT OKAY.

When she was 2, she had a freak-out because the cookie I gave her broke in two.  Poor kid kept jamming the two halves together and sobbing because they wouldn't stay fused.

Ah yes - improper sandwich cutting. Still a source of grief and wailing in our house on occasion. With the 4 year old.  ::)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bluenomi

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
We have sandwich cutting issues with the 3 year old as well

She also was upset the other day because her 3 month old brother wouldn't smile at her. He was tired and grumpy and doesn't smile on cue even when happy because you know, he's 3 months old!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »
This seems like it fits here:

http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »
My son is crying because he broke his rice cracker in half and then decided he wanted to eat it whole.
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Tini

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
I once RAN into the living room because my daughter wasn't just crying, she was wailing. "Moooom, come quick, I'm bleeeeeeeding, I need a plaaasteeeeer!!"

"Em, that's a bit of squished raspberry."

"... oh."

And she stopped crying.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 05:40:15 AM »
Last night's epic tearfest.  Reasons:

1. He wanted water.
2. He didn't want to drink water, he wanted to throw cup against cot sides.  So I removed it.
3. He wanted his dummy.
4. Not that dummy, the other dummy.
5. He didn't want that dummy, he wanted to throw it across the room.
6. He wanted a biscuit.
7. He wanted juice.
8. He wanted cake.
9. Mummy said no to 6, 7 and 8.
10. He couldn't find his dummy in his cot.

By the time he went to sleep (1 hour later) I was on the verge of crying myself.  :'( 
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »
My niece once screamed for 2 hours on a family picnic because there were no 'big chips' left in the packet. She's 22 now. It was a really idyllic spot, but my memories are rather dampened by the memory.

Victoria

BarensMom

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
My nephew once started crying because I couldn't find a pawlease (police) car at any of the Evil Oil Company stations.  I went all over the county looking for that darn thing - finally had to go to work and do a "trade" from the gift closet to get the kid to dry up.

Alli8098

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »
Four year old DD cried once because it was past her bedtime and we wouldn't let her "read" us one of her books because it was very late.  We told her that we only had time for us to read to her (she doesn't really read but she can remember most of the stories).  Normally the routine is that she picks a book "reads" it to us, and then we actually read her the story when she is done.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »
Hollanda, you have my sympathy about the Dummy (or as my 2 year old calls it, "Da bink").  We're trying to wean him off step by step so he's only allowed it when he's in his bed but sometimes the older two forget to pull it out and put it up when they let him out of his room in the morning. And we only have one bink now but he sometimes will take it out and say "Eww" or "Gwoss" and demand another bink and cry if none is forthcoming.

Today he cried when he wasn't allowed to stand up in the grocery cart, or when I tried to steal his nose.  He's taken to yelling "OW!" loudly when someone tries to make him do something he doesn't want to do.  Last week at church someone asked if I'd been pinching him. (she wasn't serious, I don't think)  When I told her this she said "Hmm, I guess he probably does that a lot then!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »
Baby (19mo) walked up to me with a string cheese, which I opened for him. Then he cried because it was open.

DD (3yo) picked out some really cute fabric then burst into tears when I cut into it to make her dress
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz