Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 14055 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »
 :)  Thanks perpetua. I feel less like I'm baby jacking now!!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

perpetua

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »
:)  Thanks perpetua. I feel less like I'm baby jacking now!!

Ha, don't, this is a very entertaining thread :)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 11:19:59 PM »
5yo is crying because he won the board game, so now it's time to go to bed. He wants to reroll so the game isn't over

3yo is crying because I made cookies. She wanted to make the cookies.

1.5yo is crying because I took off his other shoe. He took off one shoe, but I guess he wasn't done wearing the other one ???
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
5yo is crying because he won the board game, so now it's time to go to bed. He wants to reroll so the game isn't over

3yo is crying because I made cookies. She wanted to make the cookies.

1.5yo is crying because I took off his other shoe. He took off one shoe, but I guess he wasn't done wearing the other one ???

Maybe he was just resting in between removing them?  ;D   

It's such an amusing age 1, where they start trying to really do things for themselves and it's not always clear the level of assistance we are authorised to provide....   do you want me to do it for you, help you do it, or just provide sympathy & moral support while you struggle through multiple failed attempts to do it yourself??!   :D 
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:41 PM »
One of mine once asked "Mommy, what's for dessert?"  I told her that it was apple pie, and she jumped up and down and clapped her hands.

And then burst into tears, because she didn't want any. 

???
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:51 AM »
Yesterday, DS cried because he didn't want to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  He then cried later in the shop because a small boy was wearing the same Mickey Mouse hat as he was (of course, it was the one time we left his at home) and DS was convinced it was *his hat*.  Cue one very upset child.

This morning he cried because he didn't want me to go to work, he wanted me to build big towers with Lego with him and Daddy all day.  :(

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
I'm baking Guinness cupcakes today with frosting that has Irish cream in it (not having much luck with the frosting, unfortunately but that's neither here nor there.

But he's mad at me cause I won't let him have two cupcakes in a row.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »
Not my kid, but yesterday a little boy about 3 was standing in line behind me with his mother and grandma.  For some reason, one of them pulled up his shirt and revealed a miniscule scratch on his belly.  Grandma: "Ohhhhhh, look, no wonder he's grumpy!  He's got a scratch on his tummy!" (in a very worried, serious voice).  The little boy burst into tears and howls and was carried off to find 'medicine'.  I don't know if that's code for 'candy' or if Grandma was really looking for something in the pharmacy area to treat a tiny superficial scratch.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Dawse

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
My friend's little boy has a set of plastic plates shaped like farm animals; a cow, a duck, a pig and a sheep. (They're really cute!) They often use them for barbeques, because they're plastic and everybody is outside, so it minimises the risk of breakages.

One day last summer, he had hysterical tears because his mum would only let him use one plate, and made him share the rest with everyone else.
'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
My oldest had a falling over, kicking and screaming tantrum today. His problem? Little Sister was playing with her toys "wrong" and she wouldn't let him tell her how to play.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Shea

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:44 PM »
My sister (2 yo) 1972 Houston Texas- because that nasty white stuff kept falling out of the sky on her nice new blue fur coat. (Yes she looked a little like a groomed cookie monster when she had the hood up).

That reminds me of the part in To Kill a Mockingbird (set in Alabama, for those who aren't familiar) when it snows, and Scout, a Southerner who's never seen snow, freaks out and runs into her father's bedroom, screaming "The world's ending, Atticus! Please do something!"

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
My oldest had a falling over, kicking and screaming tantrum today. His problem? Little Sister was playing with her toys "wrong" and she wouldn't let him tell her how to play.

Dear Diety, you have replicated my brother! ??? ??? ???
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2014, 07:19:11 AM »
I wouldn't let him "eat nose".

I will let you take in that sentence and consider for yourselves what it actually means.  :-X

perpetua

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »

I will let you take in that sentence and consider for yourselves what it actually means.  :-X

Oh dear :) Very good for the immune system though, apparently. Still: eww :)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »

Oh dear :) Very good for the immune system though, apparently. Still: eww :)

I wouldn't have minded, but it was in public.  :-X  And I had to remove said "nose" from his finger with a baby wipe.  The screams when I threw it away were just deafening.  Who knew a 2 and a half year old could be so strong?