Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 12979 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

I was eyeing the Elk during the Hall Rental discussion.  The coordinator said to me sharply, "You can NOT hide the Elk, and we will not remove him."  I said, "No, I was trying to think of how to highlight him."  My first thought had been throwing some tulle over him sort of like a veil.  Then someone pointed out that he was a he.  Therefore the Kilt.  In his horns is the matching sash type thing. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM »
My first thought was that he needs a sporran. All the best-dressed elks have them. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
The elk probably would have, if he'd had one that went with it.  My wedding gift to him was a mink sporran that I made out of an old mink stole that I bought off e-bay.  The flap on the sporran is two heads and three tails.   His other sporran is decrepit and orange. 
That is not a flattering photo of the flowers. 

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:44 AM »
3yo DD was crying today because she loves her Easter eggs. When she asked for an egg, I mistakenly thought she wanted to eat it. No, she wanted to cuddle with it and kiss it...She let out a piercing shriek when I peeled an egg for Baby. She sobbed for 30 minutes straight at the thought of her "perfect purple eggy" being cracked.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Elisabunny

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »
Many years ago, Mr. Bunny and I were on a trip over Easter.  Our two children stayed with the grandparents.  We called Easter morning just as they were opening the Easter baskets I had prepared.  While talking to my parents, we suddenly heard a howl of outrage from DS.  "It's dark inside!" 

Yes, he had bitten into a chocolate bunny, only to discover it was hollow.   ::) ;D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »
Yesterday my friend posted a picture in Facebook of her 2 year old on the floor in mid-tantrum.

Apparently my friend had the audacity to serve her daughter exactly the breakfast she had asked for.  ::)

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:59 AM »
Apparently his favourite story didn't go the way he thought it should.   Not quite sure what happened there.   He brings me his favourite book, I start reading it, he starts to get really upset - not at me though, at the book.    As well as crying, he also hit the book.    It wasn't a particularly upsetting story, it's a toddler's picture book with a very basic storyline, so I'm not sure what upset him so much.    I had to comfort him and reassure him that it was all ok.    Maybe the book becomes sad on the 574th read through?   (If anybody should be crying it's me, I'm the one who has to read every story 3 times, sometimes up to 10 books per day!)
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

greencat

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2014, 04:11:43 AM »
Many years ago, Mr. Bunny and I were on a trip over Easter.  Our two children stayed with the grandparents.  We called Easter morning just as they were opening the Easter baskets I had prepared.  While talking to my parents, we suddenly heard a howl of outrage from DS.  "It's dark inside!" 

Yes, he had bitten into a chocolate bunny, only to discover it was hollow.   ::) ;D

I've been known to be upset by that...as an adult.  ::)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:01 AM »
The two bigger kids 5 and 3, were having a screaming fight today because they each named the stuffed bunnies from their Easter baskets "Easter Bunny." They came up with those names independently and only realized it today.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Nikko-chan

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2014, 05:56:56 AM »
One from my newborn cousin. He was fussing and crying cause grandma wasn't holding him right (he likes to lay against shoulders or chests or bellies, if they are.... ample lol)

Not a crying story but on Easter Sunday (the same day he was fussing over grandma not holding him properly) she was giving his mom a break and feeding him. She burped him and went back to feeding him, when he decided he was done. Okay so then my aunt held him up as he streeeetched (he loves stretching) and promptly fell asleep mid stretch, one leg still curled up against him, and one arm curled up so his hand was by his face. Yes we laughed at him. Yes we are horrible people.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »
I remember crying uncontrollably as a child.  My Mom would ask me, 'Why are you crying?'  '*sob* I *sob* don't *sob* know! *wail*'

I remember once my 11-mo-old was crying, at first for something sorta genuine, and then just wasn't stopping. Someone else was holding her at the time, and I walked up and said, "You can stop crying now," in a permission-giving tone, and she did, looking relieved.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
Awwwww!!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
The two bigger kids 5 and 3, were having a screaming fight today because they each named the stuffed bunnies from their Easter baskets "Easter Bunny." They came up with those names independently and only realized it today.
Lord and Lady, I remember those days!  Get them identical toys and they'd argue over which bunny was whose.  Get them identical-but-different-color toys (one green bunny and one pink one, for instance) and they would argue over whose bunny was better!  ::) ;D   I also remember that as a kid myself; one time Mom took my toy puppy and embroidered a mark in its ear so that I could tell my puppy from my sibling's.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miss Understood

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »

I've been known to be upset by that...as an adult.  ::)

All the better for making bunny foo-foos with (filled with chocolate milk of course for the youngsters  :)).

Miss Understood

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »
DD was crying the other day because she wanted breakfast for her stuffed giraffe and stuffed tiger. When I declined to make eggs, bacon and carrots for stuffed animals, DS suggested that DD feed her giraffe to the tiger. Because then the giraffe isn't hungry anymore, and tigers eat meat, and giraffes are made of meat.

Now I am crying (with laughter).  Your little guy is quite the problem-solver.