Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 12620 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
My Child Is Crying Because...
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »
Someone feel free to spin off this one to "My cat is meowing because..." or "My dog is barking because..."

I'll start.

This morning my child was crying because the spoon he was using to eat his breakfast cereal was "The wrong spoon, Mummy, the wrong spoon!" (I would have laughed were it not for the look of abject heartbreak and misery on his little face - am I a heartless and bad Mummy?!)
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Hurricane Marathon

Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
I don't have children but I lived with a single dad for a short time.  His son was 5 and hadn't learned how to tie his own shoes yet.  One time we were rushing out of the house and the boy insisted on wearing boots with laces.  His dad tied them quickly and we left.  In the car the boy started crying because his shoes weren't tied how his dad usually ties them.

PurpleFrog

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
My youngest was crying because I wouldn't let him lick his muddy wellies.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
This is an old one but my brother once cried cause I didn't cut his PB&J properly.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

perpetua

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
A friend of mine's son cried because he suddenly decided his bedroom was 'too big'.

He's 21 now. We still say "I can't go in there, it's tooooo biiiiiig!" to him :)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:49 AM »
DD's description of her nightmare, " (Couldn't understand what she said) and then Mommy said Nooooooo".  That last said with a wail. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
One of my cousins (now in his early 30's) had very curly  hair as a little kid and he hated it and called it "up hair".
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »
This is kinda cute and poignant.

When they were younger (I think 8 and 11), my two kids watched Code Lyoko (a French anime series that had been broadcast earlier on TV in the US) together on the computer. They'd plan when to watch, and make a point never to watch alone. And then we'd all talk about the characters and plot points.
    (It was a cartoon/anime in which the characters entered a virtual-reality computer and had adventures there that would occasionally bleed over into the real world. )

Eventually the show ended. My son and I were chatting as I was tucking him in--he was about 8, I think. He asked if I thought they'd start it up again if he wrote them a letter. And he started quietly crying because it was over.

I felt sad for him! Poor kid.

I know that feeling. It's how I felt when I realized there were no more Harry Potter books.

And for both of us it wasn't just the idea that the show was over, but that it had been such a shared experience with other people. For him, it was he and his sister, and a little bit me.

(I found out that in France, they've started a live-action/CGI sequel. I don't know if it's possible to see it in English in the US, though.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:10:39 PM by TootsNYC »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
My son got very upset over the fact that his female friend found a boyfriend over spring break.  ::)

I guess she was supposed to remain available for him? We talked about communication.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »
My co-worker's little boy threw a temper tantrum because he wanted to wear his sandals outside. On a polar vortex day with a ton of snow.

I think there's a blog called "Reasons my son is crying" or something like that? Hilarious stories and pictures--I remember one with a little girl in snow gear sprawled on the floor of the foyer, mid hissy fit, because her mom told her to take off her hat. All told affectionately, though, I think, not mean-spirited. :)
~Lynn2000

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
That is what I don't like about Anime.  I'll start enjoying a show and then the creative person behind the show gets bored with it, and it ends.  My husband likes it, and I like it well enough.  But I refuse to start watching one until its been out for several years. 
There was this one about these shards from this box.   If you got a shard in you, you would become this sword-fighting genius.  Some shard-people were good, some were evil.  It just started to get good, and then zilch. 

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
My son has cried today because his friend at Childminder's wouldn't eat her yoghurt with her spoon and spilled it on the table. He wanted it.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
Not my child, but my nephew (who's about a year and a half old, same as my daughter).  On our last visit, he kept coming up to my daughter and head-butting her, fortunately not very hard.  Then he'd walk away crying and holding his head.  His parents and DH and I kept trying to tell him, "Well stop doing that if it hurts!" but...toddler logic.  Luckily my daughter's pretty tough--I swear one of the times he did it and started crying, she shrugged.  Like, "What the heck was that about?"

One on my daughter: because we scolded the cat.  We weren't even very harsh with him, just something along the lines of a stern "No no, <cat's name>.  Get down."  And she burst into tears.  Even the cat wasn't fazed by the scolding--he just got down and wandered off looking annoyed.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

lilfox

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
This is an old one but my brother once cried cause I didn't cut his PB&J properly.

Still a source of tension in my house.  This weekend, DD refused to eat her sandwich because Daddy cut it into squares and she clearly (silently, suddenly) didn't want it that way.  That happens every few months, with cut sandwiches being okay 99% of the time and then suddenly NOT OKAY.

When she was 2, she had a freak-out because the cookie I gave her broke in two.  Poor kid kept jamming the two halves together and sobbing because they wouldn't stay fused.

magicdomino

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »

I have dim memories of crying because my brother cut my half PB&J instead of folding it.  Maybe it let the flavor out.