Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 13382 times)

Eeep!

Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
She was worried a Prince would try to marry her.....

Long story--we went to story time at the library the other day. The theme was Knights, so the Prince of the local renaissance faire was there with the Court Librarian and Master of Arms to talk about Knights and read a story. The Prince saw DD and said something about not knowing there was a Princess attending (she was dressed up) and she hid behind me. After he left, I talked to 3yoDD to figure out what was wrong. You see, she figured that with him being a Prince, and her being a princess, obviously he would want to marry her. She very seriously told me that she's "a little girl, and he has to marry a big, grown up Princess." and that she, (my 3 year old! daughter) is going to marry her true love.
It gets better...you see, we've met this Prince before, and my 5yo son thinks he's the bee's knees. Serious hero worship. So he wanted to talk to/take pictures with the Prince. But DD didn't want to talk to him until I agreed to explain that he can't marry her. I nearly bit a hole in my cheek trying to keep a straight face. He was awesome, stayed in character, praised her for her wisdom and asked if they could be friends. Adorable, right?
2 days later she's still talking about it. She's not getting married, even if the Prince cries and cries and cries. She's brought it up about a dozen times!

Oh my goodness. I just love this!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »
Me too! Kudos to the Prince for playing along so beautifully - I'm betting he has a friend for life!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »

Long story--we went to story time at the library the other day. The theme was Knights, so the Prince of the local renaissance faire was there with the Court Librarian and Master of Arms to talk about Knights and read a story. The Prince saw DD and said something about not knowing there was a Princess attending (she was dressed up) and she hid behind me. After he left, I talked to 3yoDD to figure out what was wrong. You see, she figured that with him being a Prince, and her being a princess, obviously he would want to marry her. She very seriously told me that she's "a little girl, and he has to marry a big, grown up Princess." and that she, (my 3 year old! daughter) is going to marry her true love.
It gets better...you see, we've met this Prince before, and my 5yo son thinks he's the bee's knees. Serious hero worship. So he wanted to talk to/take pictures with the Prince. But DD didn't want to talk to him until I agreed to explain that he can't marry her. I nearly bit a hole in my cheek trying to keep a straight face. He was awesome, stayed in character, praised her for her wisdom and asked if they could be friends. Adorable, right?
2 days later she's still talking about it. She's not getting married, even if the Prince cries and cries and cries. She's brought it up about a dozen times!

I think you need to save this story to give as a wedding toast. (it will work whomever she marries but how awesome would it be if it was  this prince)

auntmeegs

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »

I think you need to save this story to give as a wedding toast. (it will work whomever she marries but how awesome would it be if it was  this prince)

Yes!  You really have to, this is the best story!!!

Gyburc

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2014, 05:09:13 AM »
Twiggy, that's adorable!

My child is crying because... he can't stand up reliably. LittleG (8 months) loves, loves, loves it when we take his hands and pull him up to his feet. Last night he was getting more and more tired, but was still desperate to stand up with Mummy and Daddy. It got to the point where his legs would give out halfway up and he would plump back down all of a sudden. Cue crumpled face and wailing...

(He also cries because he hasn't worked out how to crawl yet. He can lie down on his front from sitting with no problems, but after that can only shuffle himself backwards slowly on his tummy, and it's obviously really frustrating!)
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Last night we had a meltdown because the episode of Mr Tumble he was watching was not the one he wanted. (This is not the Mr Tumble you were looking for!). It was a full blown kicking, screaming, hitting, drawn out tantrum.  What stopped it? I found the one he was looking for.  Only for the tantrum to resume when it ended.  ???

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Jones

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »
Saw a toddler at the grocery parking lot who was crying because Mom wouldn't let her sit in the trunk (boot) of the car. Mom moved her to her car seat, repeating it wasn't safe, it was too hot, she could die in there, etc. Baby didn't care, she wanted in the trunk!