Wedding Bliss and Blues > Paper Trail

response cards aren't traditional but are they expected?

<< < (8/8)

kudeebee:

--- Quote from: katycoo on March 05, 2014, 01:43:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: kareng57 on March 04, 2014, 11:13:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: kudeebee on March 04, 2014, 08:51:28 PM ---So, if there is a response card I will fill it out and turn it in.  If there isn't one, I don't respond and have never been contacted for a rsvp.

--- End quote ---

Re your last line - does that mean that you're not attending and assume that the hosts will know this because you have not responded?

--- End quote ---

Do you not respond even if the invitation asks for a response, but no card is included?

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  If a response is requested of course we respond--if there hasn't been a card, it is has been through a wedding website.  But that has only been twice.  Most of the time a card is included if a response is wanted.

CakeEater:
When response cards are included, do people still put RSVP information on the invitation?

I've only seen response cards included twice (I'm in Australia, too). And once the response cards didn't fit inside the response envelope. It was weird. I didn't know if I was supposed to trim it down, or put it in a bigger envelope. I ended up putting it in a bigger envelope. Neither had postage included on the return envelope, and only one was self addressed.

I like buying the little response cards and writing a nice response.

gellchom:
When a response card is included, there is no other  RSVP info given.

I would like to see one of those response cards guests but individually. Can someone post a sample or link to a photo?

I always write a note on the enclosed response cards anyway.

Lynn2000:
(Midwest US) I've never heard of being able to buy individual response cards from a separate shop either--all the weddings I've been invited to have either included a response card in the envelope with the wedding invitation (and it matched the invitation), or (much less common) they've included other info about how to RSVP, like a phone number. However, I can see how in areas where the individual response cards are readily available, that would certainly make hosts feel like providing one to all their guests was not necessary.

purple:

--- Quote from: gellchom on March 06, 2014, 08:19:14 AM ---When a response card is included, there is no other  RSVP info given.

I would like to see one of those response cards guests but individually. Can someone post a sample or link to a photo?

I always write a note on the enclosed response cards anyway.

--- End quote ---

Next time I go to the local newsagent, I'll take a photo  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version